Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station is appearing offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
howellj4
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station has the left light green and the right side light is amber but the middle light is not on.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That implies no connection to the router. First reboot your router and base, in that order. If still no good, try a different Ethernet cable and router port.

howellj4
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried a different ethernet cable and a different router port and my base station still has green, blank and amber colored lights (left to right).
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@howellj4 wrote:
I tried a different ethernet cable and a different router port and my base station still has green, blank and amber colored lights (left to right).

Not a good sign.  It's possible that the ethernet in base has failed.  Though it's also possible that the router LAN ports have failed.

Do you have another device with an ethernet port that you can use the test the router and cable?

howellj4
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I do need a new base station, do you sell the VMB4000 base station or do I need to buy a whole new system?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@howellj4 wrote:
If I do need a new base station, do you sell the VMB4000 base station or do I need to buy a whole new system?

FWIW, I don't work for Arlo.  Maybe one of the mods will chime in.

Bases generally are very hard to find.  So you might need to get a used/renewed one.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation