Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Arming Itself

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tpenny
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just setup my Arlo Pro 2 cameras and base station. However, I can't get the system to stay disarmed. I'll set it to "Disarmed". Then in about 10-15 mins it's armed again. This isn't IFTTT as i haven't  setup any widgets for arlo yet. I've removed the default schedule (even though its not selected). At this point i'm out of ideas. Does anyone have solution?

4 REPLIES 4
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

**EDIT** I just reread your post... I actually had the opposite problem with my system disarming. Sorry. 🙂 But maybe this still applies. 

Do you by chance have this integrated with any other 3rd party smartphone hubs? I had this problem with I integrated my Arlo with SmartThings. Since other devices in SmartThings knew I was home -- it would disarm. I removed them from SmartThings, and my problem went away. Just a thought. 

I know you mentioned IFTTT. 

tpenny
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do have it integrated with smartthings. However, i don't have any automations set to do anything with arlo. Thus, there isn't anything to turn off that i can think of... and to be honest i really don't want to remove all the items i have in smarthings one by one to find the culprit. Are there any logs or diagnostic tools that can be used to see what is triggering the arlo system to switch modes?

Dozers5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the problem with my system randomly disarming itself.  At least it shows disarmed when I log into the Arlo App on my android phone.  I log on to my Arlo account using my MAC and it shows the mode is Armed.  My wife has the Arlo app on her IPhone and when she logs in, it shows it is in the Armed mode.  But it doesn't trigger and record on motion. I reached out to Arlo and opened a case with them.  Their suggestion was that I needed to reset my password because someone was knowingly accessing my account and changing the mode (didn't make sense to me because the only people who have access to my account is me and my wife).  Here is my recent response to Arlo:

"I did go on-line to https://my.arlo.com/#/home and changed my password as you suggested.  What I did notice is that when on my on-line account and going the Mode settings, I selected the Armed mode.  When I log out then log back in on the on-line account, it remains selected to Armed.  However, when I go to the Arlo app on my phone and log in, I notice the Armed mode has been disabled.  I select the Armed mode using the app, I log out then log in and the Armed mode is no longer selected.  I have uninstalled and re-installed the app, but the problem remains.

Thus far, my cameras are not triggering and recording even though the on-line account indicates the system is armed, with the Arlo app indicating the system is not armed.

Your help and response to this issue is appreciated."

Arlo has not responded back.  We've been experiencing this issue for the past couple of weeks.  It came on suddenly. Not sure where to go from here.

tpenny
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Dozers5 

That is unfortunate. That seems to be a bigger problem than what i'm experiencing as at least i get notification. It doesn't do much good to have a camera system that doesn't do anything. To be honest i'm really quite disappointed in the lack of communication by Arlo's support team. Under no circumstances should you ever go weeks without a response on an open support case. 

I did find something interesting after doing some digging on my end. I'm currently have my arlo system integrated with Smartthings. After using their live logging tool, it appears that there are a few processes that are making calls to the Arlo system to get and set information. Some of the names of the processes (i suspect for the home monitor widget) look highly suspect as the potential cause of my issue. I can't confirm that they are the culprit as of yet, due to Arlo not appearing to have any sort of logging accessible by the user. Thus, i'm at the mercy of the Smartthings and/or Arlo support teams.  

Thus, my only suggestion (if your using any third party apps with your arlo system) would be to check there logging and see if that leads you anywhere. Its not a very non tech savvy user solution... but i'm not sure what options we have with the support teams going dark. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation