Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have noted that I now get audio detection notifications when I use the two way press to talk since the latest firmware update on the cameras. Camera FW 1.125.13.0_31717
Base FW 1.12.0.1_27940
App iOS v2.7.7

This was noted to have occurred prior, during and post the recent base firmware fail.

Can anyone confirm that this is a intended design feature.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
Maybe I’ve been mistaken and was just almost scammed by Arlo support level 2.

From the following faq link.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

“Arlo support agents will never ask you for payments, credit card numbers, or bank information for support services. If you chose an optional paid subscription plan for your Arlo products, you can use your Arlo app to manage payments.”

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dannybear

Is this still occurring? is the notification popping up when you press the talk button?

Dannybear
Master
Master
Hi Shayne,

The notifications occur when I utter words into the iPhone.
When I back out of two way mode the camera audio detection icon remains orange until I end the live view session.
It only occurs on cameras with audio detection enabled in the running rules.
It also occurs if the audio detection level is reduced to minimum.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dannybear

My team and I could not replicate this on Android or Iphone. I know you are well versed with this, but have you tried to reinstall the App by chance?

Dannybear
Master
Master
Hi Shayne,
Thank you for checking this, I was reluctant to perform the reinstall of the iOS App as it coincided with the camera firmware change.
I’m also battling with the geofencing again that the usual workarounds won’t fix this time so these could be related I guess.
Will update when App has been reloaded.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have done the following:
Offloaded, deleted iOS App v2.7.7 from iPhone and reinstalled. No change.
Deleted App again as above and power cycled the iPhone and installed App again, no change.
Removed App from all my mobile devices, re loaded app on one iPhone again, no change.
Removed camera from account, removed camera battery, added camera back in then inserting battery, with new name, no change.
Power cycled base station, no change.

As I am unable to think of anything more, I can only request that the camera firmware update is reverted same as the base station that was recently.

I guess if this will not happen then once again I will have to accept the loss of more functionality of the system.
If only there was a way to prevent arlo firmware updates going forward until these existing bugs are sorted.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I can only suggest to open a case with support so they can escalate the issue you are experiencing. Would you like me to open one for you?

Dannybear
Master
Master
Hi Shayne,
Thank you for the suggestion but as your team can’t replicate the issue, I see no value in paying for more support since my three months of free support has finished and my credit card is now required to progress the existing cases I have.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo support is free, regardless of the statement to the contrary which is a hold-over from Netgear's network equipment. You won't be charged at any point.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@jguerdat
It would be nice if the statement was actually corrected, as I refused to hand over my credit card to level 2 support and hence, not heard from them since.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What?? I have never heard that here. Netgear, yes, Arlo, no. They can always change policy but I've heard of no such change.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Maybe I’ve been mistaken and was just almost scammed by Arlo support level 2.

From the following faq link.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

“Arlo support agents will never ask you for payments, credit card numbers, or bank information for support services. If you chose an optional paid subscription plan for your Arlo products, you can use your Arlo app to manage payments.”
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dannybear

Arlo Customer Support does not require any form of payment for customer service inquiries/help.

Dannybear
Master
Master
@Shayne
Thanks for the clarification, I’m still not handing over my credit card though.

Can you confirm the three months free support statement mentioned previously is incorrect, is there somewhere that says different?
Just that it is now more than three months since my last camera purchase and support has just stopped on my open cases.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dannybear

Which cases are you having an issue with? Can you provide the case numbers.

Dannybear
Master
Master

@ShayneS 

I have PM you with the case numbers. Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation