Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
jamess61
Guide
Guide

I am trying to setup Arrive/Leave when specific phones are present or not present in the geofence location. When I edit the When settings I can see my phone (the account holder) in the "Specific People Arrive" or "Specific People Leave" options. However, it does not display my partners phone, even thought they have been added to People settings and are logged into the app on their phone. How can I add their phone to this list? The list does display some of my old phones that are no longer in use. Is there a way to remove these also? 

Note - the above issue was using the android phone app. When I attempt to open the When settings in the web app I receive a "request timed out" error message and it fails to load the names of phones. Not sure if this is related or not!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jamess61
Guide
Guide

Good news - a new version of the Arlo app (4.5) has been released and includes the ability to view the full list of geofencing devices and also delete old ones you no longer need. Hopefully this is the fix we've been waiting for!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have the same issue with my wife's phone not being displayed so I can't realistically set up geofencing without getting videos of her when I leave the house. I've raised the issue but haven't heard back. @JamesC , @ShayneS ?

The web client doesn't support geofencing so that's likely why you're seeing that result. It would be better if geofencing setup on the web was not allowed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks,

@jamess61 

This is on Android correct? 

jamess61
Guide
Guide

Yes, both phones using Android app thanks

jamess61
Guide
Guide

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both phones and can see them listed in the two factor authentication settings, but still only showing old removed phones in the arrive/leave settings. I have also enabled location sharing app permissions (even when the app isn't in use) on both phones. I hope this helps

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition to the above, I've also removed my wife's shared account and recreated it with no help.

BruceSt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issue with my account. I can only see one phone in the arrive/leave options, and it doesnt match either of the phone names setup in our arlo apps for two factor auth. We cant use geofencing without this which makes it a pretty high maintenance security tool, having to manually change modes every time we leave or arrive home. My wife and i are both using android phones also. Please help @ShayneS @ Arlo support

jamess61
Guide
Guide

ANy progress on this please @Shayne and Arlo support? Is there any way I can roll back to the old UX so I can use geofencing correctly please? If not, how do I seek a refund since the system isn't working as advertised?

djmatthis
Tutor
Tutor

some sort of response would be nice ....

breaknout
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo staff - I just purchased the new Pro 5 cameras and I am also having this issue! My Arlo Pro 1st gen used to handle geofencing fine but now the iPhone device list with the new Arlo Secure app for the Pro 5 seems to contain old devices only. Please help! Not having Geofencing working correctly is very inconvenient, annoying and most importantly creates a security issue for all users.

jamess61
Guide
Guide

Still nothing unfortunately. Arlo used to be a premium product, but now it feels like the opposite

jamess61
Guide
Guide

After nearly 3 months of logging support cases with Arlo support I finally received this message today, "We are sending this update to inform you that your case is related to an ongoing issue with the automation device list discrepancy. Our Engineering team is already aware and is currently working on a fix. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We also want to assure you that we are monitoring this case closely and will definitely provide an update as soon as a resolution is available." No ETA given but at least they've acknowledged it's a bug 

jamess61
Guide
Guide

Good news - a new version of the Arlo app (4.5) has been released and includes the ability to view the full list of geofencing devices and also delete old ones you no longer need. Hopefully this is the fix we've been waiting for!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This feature is now available with the latest version of the Arlo app 4.5 

You can rename and remove devices. To do this, navigate to your profile > Privacy center> Account > Available Geofence Devices 

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation