Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Armed Rule Cannot Add A New Rule

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ssankar1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

It seems I have nothing else to do other than setting up this useless pice of junk I bough with a huge outlay.

Sorry about my not using teh right terminology, as I am still learning this junk

This time I edited armed rule and added a second camera to record on motion being detected on a camera,

This got set , but another rule for recording another camera got wiped out. In addition the add rule libk/button does not appear. So armed rule is stuffed

I have created a new rule and set monitoring by schedule.

The other problem I see is that the cameras do not alert as one would guess, In my case only one camera 52M18577A1C83  triggers alert all the time, The others like 52M1847WD9691  dont alert on motion,  even though I have set them up with motion detection and sound level sensitivity etc correctly.

The sotware seems unpredictable at best.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ssankar1000,

Are you setting these rules up on the Arlo Mobile App or the Web Portal? What is the color of the running man logo displayed on the cameras? Have you tried to reboot the base station?

ssankar1000
Aspirant
Aspirant
tried on both mobole and desktop

rebooted base station

on all the cameras the running person is highlighted

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation