Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo web portal record and snapshot buttons disabled

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dannybear
Master
Master
I found a workaround for the disabled record and snapshot buttons when using the arlo web portal on chrome, edge and Firefox browsers.

Open the browser of choice, go into settings under privacy and clear all cookies and data etc. make sure you delete using all time not just the last hour if labeled.

Close and reopen the browser and login to the arlo portal. This will require the 2FA request again.

You should then be able to obtain the enabled recording and snapshot buttons when you live play the camera.
You should also get the correct battery % values that are last reported by the base station.
The battery icons will not be updated until you force a power change to the cameras such as removing Ac power and reapply.

Note that this workaround will only last for the open session of the login so you will have to repeat the same procedure when you login to the portal again.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
I found a workaround for the disabled record and snapshot buttons when using the arlo web portal on chrome, edge and Firefox browsers.

Odd that you need this, as I don't on my own system.  Record and snapshot are consistently enabled.

Looking at your workaround, I am thinking that browsing to my.arlo.com using incognito mode should also work (and might be a bit easier).

Dannybear
Master
Master
Stephen,

Thanks for the tip, using incognito mode on all three browsers removes the need to clear the cookies and data. Just have to 2FA the login each time.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok, found a better work around to use the normal browser window. In the browser settings for all site cookies, set the my.arlo.com site to clear cookies on exit. The battery status now works as well as the record and snapshot buttons being enabled. The browser trust cookie is stored from a different site path so it is maintained to get past the 2fa crap.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation