Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo took my legacy plan away

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jfazio
Aspirant
Aspirant
They took away my legacy plan unexpectedly now they make it impossible to contact someone to fix it and they keep trying to force subsctiption… which product should I switch too to get away from Arlo
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The free 7 day plan for your cameras is still in effect - they didn't take it away. That said, various folks have posted here about the (apparently) same problem. If you want to contact support, temporarily purchase a single camera subscription so you can contact support about this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jfazio wrote:
They took away my legacy plan unexpectedly 

The free 7-day cloud storage for Pro/Pro 2 is in place, so something else is wrong.

1. How many cameras do you have?
  2. Are you still getting notifications from the cameras?
  3. Can you livestream?  If so, can you make a manual recording?

Jfazio
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 6 cameras, no notifications but i can live stream and make manual recordings.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Was your initial installation the special 6 camera set or did you add one? The free 7 day plan is good for 5 cameras so adding a 6th would require a subscription.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jfazio wrote:
I have 6 cameras, no notifications but i can live stream and make manual recordings.

FWIW, the usual limit for the free 7-day storage was 5 cameras.  But there were a couple of 6-camera bundles that also included raising the limit to 6.

If you can make manual recordings, then the free cloud storage is still in place.

Have you tried running the motion detection test on the cameras?

Also, have you tried restarting your base (and perhaps one or more of the cameras)?

Jfazio
Aspirant
Aspirant
So Ive had 5 Arlo Pros and the door bell camera of which Only the doorbell needed a subscription which I never did but my other cameras all worked no problem since I had the doorbell until two days ago
Jfazio
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did try restarting them all, I will try again
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jfazio wrote:
So Ive had 5 Arlo Pros and the door bell camera of which Only the doorbell needed a subscription which I never did but my other cameras all worked no problem since I had the doorbell until two days ago

If the doorbell is on the same account, then you might need to get a single-camera subscription for it (after the trial expires) in order to continue the free plan on the 5 Pros.  Or alternatively, take one of the Pros out of the account.

But if manual recording is still possible when you livestream the Pros, then you still have the 7-day cloud storage - so that isn't the problem.  And notifications should work with no subscription - even if you have no cloud storage.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation