Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo stopped Notifications and Recording video on 2 of 4 cameras - RMA link problem

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

5 days ago my one of my camera stopped sending notifications and recording to the library. I removed the camera and re-synced it. It worked for 20 mins. Not it is not working again plus a second camera stopped sending and recording. After 2 hours on the phone with Support, their only resolution is to replace hardware. Now I seriously doubt this is a hardware issue, since the cameras actually detect motion and I can stream them, but whatever. They are going to send me 2 new cameras. 

I true Arlo fashion, the RMA emails that I received for each camera contain links to the site with a tokenized URL that I cannot make open in any browser I have. I tried Safari, Firefox, and Chrome in MacOS Mojave. I also tried them on Safari iOS. They open up to a screen with the Arlo logo and the top navigation and NOTHING else. 

Please tell me how I am supposed to fill out these forms???  Come on, even the support links don't work correctly, and I am supposed to trust your cameras for security. 

Here's a thought Arlo, don't send me the cameras, and refund me the purchase price of my system and I will go away forever and happy. I am so sick of dealing with these cameras and the lousy functionality and support.  

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat happens when you try to go to the link? Copy and paste it here.

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

I went into my windows installation on my Mac to do this. It's sad that Netgear can't even implement the forms right. These forms are salesforce lightning forms. It only seemed to work in IE11 (although I didn't bother trying with Firefox or Chrome on Windows). It's just poor practice from the ground up. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @ShaneLee,

Just want to make sure, were you able to fill out the RMA forms?

ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, I did, thanks. Pretty sad I had to actually boot in to Windows just to fill out a form that should have worked with any browser. I honestly just want to be rid of this whole system and never look back. I just hope I can see it to some poor sucker on Craigslist. This was just the last straw. 

I also recently had a brand new Ring doorbell fail within 2 weeks of installation, and the difference in support between Ring and Netgear is night and day. I will never recommend Arlo to anyone ever again, and I will in fact go out of my way to talk anyone out to buying in to any Netgear products. If anyone is looking at doorbells, I would recommend Ring just becasue if the customer service I received not to mention the software behind it actually works. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation