Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo shut off my 5 Pro 2 Cameras from 2018 without notice ( which had 7 day free clouds)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
USA1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

In March 2018 I purchased 5 Arlo Pro 2 Camera and 1 Hub, which at that time advertised 7 days of free cloud storage per camera. Last week all cameras stopped working at the same time. After troubleshooting everything I called Arlo, only to find out that they manually shut down my cameras because I was not under an annual subscription. I realize that about in 2020 Arlo began requiring annual subscriptions, but mine were ALL from 2018 (before any new sales after 2020 required paid cloud storage), and I do NOT have any other products or accessories from ARLO, so my 5 cameras should be grandfathered in under the guarantees made in 2018. Tech support was not sympathetic in the least.  I did not receive any notices of any changes to be made until my 5 cameras and base station were simply shut down (not just the 7 day clouds). Have any other users who purchased ARLO cameras before 2019 encountered this as well? If so, please let me know. I asked tech support nicely to restore my cameras to operational status within 5 days or I would file a formal complaint with the attorney general in my state, as well as their corporate headquarters state. I would love to hear from others regarding this subject.

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
I don’t know who you called since arlo discontinued phone support to most non subscription customers

If you used an older phone number that they had not discontinued then they will not facilitate any further contact since you are not willing to pay them more money.

My pro2 cameras were purchased in 2019 and I never purchased a subscription so not entitled to any form of support at all apart from being able to read posts on this forum. I still have basic 7days cloud recordings.

The most likely reason for the issue you have, if nothing’s changed at your end, is that arlo has problems with their backend systems which mysteriously go away after a undetermined period.

There are plenty of technical manuals and FAQs about that can assist you to troubleshooting.

To be more specific, are you missing recordings in the library, does the backup USB device on the base station contain the missing recordings. Is the base station armed or set to a valid custom mode with rules etc.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@USA1000 wrote:

After troubleshooting everything I called Arlo, only to find out that they manually shut down my cameras because I was not under an annual subscription. 

They aren't doing that, so I am thinking you contacted a scam support site - googling a support number, and calling the number that came up.   https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

@USA1000 wrote:

Last week all cameras stopped working at the same time.

This sounds like an issue with the base station.  What is the status of the LED(s)?  https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi USA1000

This appears to be a scam website. Please find the following article that provides steps on helping prevent reaching a Arlo support scam. How can I avoid Arlo support scams?

Do you happen to have the contact info for this scam support site? 

Thank you 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation