Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AddT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I am a long time user of the Arlo Pro 2 system. I updated my app to the new version/UI since I needed to add my daughter as a user. Once I did that, I noticed that the scheduling system was updated. 

So I’ve tried to figure out how on earth to keep the schedule running, but I must be missing something basic since it won’t work.

I’ve set two schedules, one for turning all cameras to ”on” at the evening mon-sun, and one that turns them ”off” mon-sun at the morning.

So far so good. But the issue is that my schedule dosen’t want to keep running the next day, instead it deactivates itself and forces me to do it manually every evening or morning depending which of the modes that chose not to work. 

What I’ve noticed is that the ”clock” icon is greyed out and I have to press on it in the app in order to activate the schedule again. Please see the attached image marked in red.

IMG_9660.jpeg

What am I doing wrong here?

My ”On” schedule activates the ”Home” mode in the app where I’ve set all the cameras to be activated.

IMG_9661.png

My ”Off” schedule activates the ”Standby” mode where I’ve chosen to deatctivate all the cameras.

Please see the images for the different modes and how I’ve set them up.

IMG_9662.png

Apologies for it being in Swedish but that’s how my app is set up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AddT wrote:

Thanks for the insight, and would that be resolved by me having both the ”On” and ”Off” options selected as mentioned before?

No.  When you add the schedule automation, you use "change mode" to tell the system what mode it will activate when the trigger time is reached.   

After you do that, the next screen will say "Always Enabled", with a > after it.  If you leave that alone, the automation will be enabled no matter what mode the system is in. 

If you press the >, then you select the modes the system needs to be in order for the automation to be enabled.  You must have pressed that control, and specified "arm home" when you created the automation.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried leaving both On and Off selected for both modes rather than turning one off?

AddT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for your reply!

No I haven’t as I was thinking that ”on” should be set if you want the schedule to be ”on” or ”off”?

But perhaps the On/Off modes does something else? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A problem with the new Routines is that the various options aren't documented. I've tried some of them to see if they overcome my issues with no success.

AddT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that’s been my experience since I’ve not found anyone else with the same issue nor solution. 

What I find extremely upsetting is thar Arlo offers no support over phone or email because I don’t have any paid subscription plan. If you launch a new system and it is undocumented how do you expect your users to have a secure system? We’re not talking about a video game here, this is supposed to make us feel secure and even protect us.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AddT wrote:

Hi,

I am a long time user of the Arlo Pro 2 system. I updated my app to the new version/UI since I needed to add my daughter as a user. Once I did that, I noticed that the scheduling system was updated. 

So I’ve tried to figure out how on earth to keep the schedule running, but I must be missing something basic since it won’t work.

I’ve set two schedules, one for turning all cameras to ”on” at the evening mon-sun, and one that turns them ”off” mon-sun at the morning.

So far so good. But the issue is that my schedule dosen’t want to keep running the next day, instead it deactivates itself and forces me to do it manually every evening or morning depending which of the modes that chose not to work. 

What I’ve noticed is that the ”clock” icon is greyed out and I have to press on it in the app in order to activate the schedule again. Please see the attached image marked in red.

IMG_9660.jpeg

What am I doing wrong here?

My ”On” schedule activates the ”Home” mode in the app where I’ve set all the cameras to be activated.

IMG_9661.png

My ”Off” schedule activates the ”Standby” mode where I’ve chosen to deatctivate all the cameras.

Please see the images for the different modes and how I’ve set them up.

IMG_9662.png

Apologies for it being in Swedish but that’s how my app is set up.

It looks like you set up the schedule automation so it is only activated when the system is in Arm Home mode.

Once the system is set to a different mode (either manually, or with another automation), the schedule automation won't be triggered.

AddT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the insight, and would that be resolved by me having both the ”On” and ”Off” options selected as mentioned before?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AddT wrote:

No.  When you add the schedule automation, you use "change mode" to tell the system what mode it will activate when the trigger time is reached.   

After you do that, the next screen will say "Always Enabled", with a > after it.  If you leave that alone, the automation will be enabled no matter what mode the system is in. 

If you press the >, then you select the modes the system needs to be in order for the automation to be enabled.  You must have pressed that control, and specified "arm home" when you created the automation.

AddT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for taking your time to explain this!

I just deleted my current schedules and redid everything. This is how it looks now:

IMG_9663.png

And this is how the menu looks that I believe you mentioned, now everything is selected where before only ”home” and ”standby” was selected.

Should I still have both my ”On” and ”Off” schedules selected in this menu as we mentioned before in both the ”at home” mode and ”standby” mode?

IMG_9665.jpeg

AddT
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_9664.png

My apologies, one of the images didn’t make it in the post above:

And this is how the menu looks that I believe you mentioned, now everything is selected where before only ”home” and ”standby” was selected.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AddT wrote:

Should I still have both my ”On” and ”Off” schedules selected in this menu as we mentioned before in both the ”at home” mode and ”standby” mode?

Yes, I would do that.

AddT
Aspirant
Aspirant

It all works now as intended with automation being active every day/night.

Thank you so much for helping me out, I truly appreciate you taking your time.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation