Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo says base station offline

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Efaber1969
Follower
Follower

So the base unit says it’s offline.....I have reset the base unit, unplugged it, change the Ethernet cable, resyned it, powered it off and on, reset the router and unplugged it...but nothing has help....I have all 3 green lights on the base unit.....so I don’t know what else to do now...

14 REPLIES 14
brh
Master
Master

@Efaber1969

The three green lights indicate that your base station is connected to the internet and the cameras are synced, so this is indeed strange. Has the system ever worked or is this a new setup?

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, have you logged out and back in as well as tried both the app and a browser? Have you power cycled the base?

Krocker
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having a similar problem. I live in the Northeast USA and use Verizon FIOS. I Have had problems connecting to the base station today only "sporadically" having success and for short times. Mostly either NOT showing the base station mode at all (especially in the Android app) or if it does appear it will read base station is offline or base station is "getting status" or Arlo device appears offline...

I have 3 green lights on base station. Have tried the usual re-boot of router, power cycled base station, re-start base station thru PC when base station did connect. Also on a PC Arlo website has crashed a couple of times with the warning "you are not connected to internet" but that is not the case as my network connection icon reads I have internet access. I have had no connection problems with any other website.  

Have had the system for 10 months and nothing has changed on my end ("that I'm aware of") I wonder if any updates took place last night or maybe I just have a base station issue?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated  Thanks!!!
Krocker
Aspirant
Aspirant
My system seems to have magically been fixed overnight...I assume Arlo was having a problem on there end yesterday in my area. Hopefully the problem will not occur again... 
Tiffany129
Tutor
Tutor
Bought this 5camera system 3 weeks ago . Base says offline all lights are green . Contacted support now nothing works.......
Tiffany129
Tutor
Tutor
Same with mine. Nothing is working.
Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Similar issuesd with the base and cameras showing offline while they appear to be functioning (recording and sending notifications.  Live view obviously doesnt work when all the assetts say offline.

Really buggy sw hopfully fixed soon

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tiffany129 @Dave32B,

Are the cameras/Base Station appearing offline on the Arlo Mobile App or the web portal?

Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Show offline in the mobile app

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Dave32B,

Are the cameras/Base offline on the Web Portal as well?

Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

I dont normally use the web portal to check the devices.   Checking it now they all show online and normal.  You think it is just the android app?

@ShayneS wrote:

Dave32B,

Are the cameras/Base offline on the Web Portal as well?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Dave32B,

What phone are you using to access your library?

Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Note 8.  Android 8.1

If it is the android app; that makes sense because while the app says the cams are offline, they appear to be sending notificsations and recording video.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Dave32B,

What trouble shooting steps have you performed so far?

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation