Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
GeckospotNixie
Guide
Guide

The new app 2.6.0 on android is just bad totally bad!

Before I was able to open the app and see the battery status icon on each camera.

Now its two menus to get to the battery status! What that about?

Put the status icons back on the camera windows title bars!!

This new view is just painful!!

Put the status icons back on the camera windows title bars!!

Also if you start a live view of a camera there is NO stop or pause button??

What that about?

I had to close the app to stop a camera live viewing!

That is just a pain!

This new app blows bit time!

64 REPLIES 64
maddly2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why oh why would developers remove the battery and other information from the phone app? Before it was a simple open and scroll to see the health of the battery and other settings on all the cameras. Now it's several minutes to go through each camera setting individually. What was wrong with the old app and icons that had information at a glance? Are they deliberately making this more user-unfriendly? 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Agree. Though the latest app (android) is now showing battery levels again. Are you using the latest app? I hope they're working on a fix

maddly2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes using the latest app and contacted support via chat. They said you have to go into each individual device (iphone app). When I explained the loss of functionality they said "that was the old app, this is how the new app works". To which I replied, "customer experience and feedback should drive the product not someone writing an app that likely doesn't even use it". 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community, 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the recent interface changes for iOS and Android devices that we rolled out with the Arlo App v2.6.0 update. We want you to know that we heard your concerns and our team will work diligently to address them. Your input is instrumental to ensure that our teams are able to continually enhance and improve your Arlo experience through each new update. 

Android users may already be aware that for the Arlo App v2.6.2 update the battery icon was reintroduced on the devices screen for each camera. We’re actively working on reinstating this feature for iOS devices.

Along with the changes to the battery icon placement, the Arlo App v2.6.0 update also included changes to several other status icons including signal strength, motion and audio indicators, quick filtering, etc. Our team is currently working to restore these icons to the main devices screen and we will provide an update when available.

We sincerely appreciate your candid feedback and look forward to continuing the conversation with our highly engaged community of Arlo users. 

Thank you,
Arlo Development Team

fr33t
Star
Star

This is a great new !

Thanks for taking into account our feedback.

I'm looking forward to being able to download this new version.

Sincerely,

- Francois.

Daymanic
Aspirant
Aspirant
I currently have one camera at 0% and one at 14% and the only way I would have know is by clicking on device settings. The indicators did not appear nor did the “time to recharge your battery” message on the live screen, if fact it still tried to connect but said it failed to connect, nothing about the battery status.
Levil
Aspirant
Aspirant
The battery indicator is shown ‘low’ in orange colour at the ‘Devices’ window. After clicking into the camera settings, the battery strength is still 97%.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base. That frequently resets a faulty battery indication.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@jguerdat wrote:

Reboot the base. That frequently resets a faulty battery indication.

I plug my base units into remote control plugs, so I can power cycle them remotely if needed.  It is rare, but handy when needed.

Levil
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello again... Restarted the base station from the app but the batteries indicators is still faulty.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try force stopping the app and then clear the app cache. Test again.

Levil
Aspirant
Aspirant
I didn’t managed to restart the app but I restarted my mobile. Afterwhich, the battery % went from 15% to 17%. So now, all ‘low batt’ notifications are gone.
fr33t
Star
Star

I'm runnion the version 2.6.3_23000 on my tablet. I have spotted a problem (that do remain after removing/re-installing the app and restarting the hub): the icons (it's good to have them back !) at the bottom of each image of a camera don't seem to provide correct information regarding the activation of motion detection (if the icon on the right with 3 horizontal lines and one black circle means this). This icon is always black, never grey, whatever the setting of motion detection is.

Sincerely,

- Francois.

peebs
Guide
Guide

Hey, Arlo engineers, bring back the running man icon, where the man is white (when the camera is not armed), where the man is black (when the camera is armed), and where the man is yellow (when the camera is recording motion). Of course Arlo would never bring back something that actually worked. This is 2018, where we must reinvent the wheel everyday and make things worse.

apcougs1
Aspirant
Aspirant

100% Agree. The new App sucks.  Did anyone ask their users to test it before they put it out.  Customer service sucks too. The rep called me a liar when I told him it didn't work on my phone any longer and that I am the only one with the problem.  Seriously.