Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Rmedrano
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I keep my arlo from recording every cat or dog that walks in front of it???

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@Rmedrano

What are the cameras pointed at? Is it possible to adjust the cameras a little higher so that they walk under the motion detector sensors in the camera?

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, select your base, edit your modes (Armed by default). All settings are in there including motion detection sensitivity. There's FAQs here with complete details.

Rmedrano
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve try that did not work. But thanks 

Rmedrano
Aspirant
Aspirant

How should motion be set. The higher the number the more activity will capture?the lower the number less activity?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@Rmedrano wrote:

How should motion be set. The higher the number the more activity will capture?the lower the number less activity?

Correct. 100 is the most sensitive

NicheFarmer
Star
Star

Recording wild life is one of the most entertaining things you can do with these cameras.

We found that cats regularly patrol our back yard, including one the neighbors though they had lost. When we put cat food out for them, a skunk started showing up and I have some videos of crows stealing the cat food. Recently, it has warmed up and a groudhog has showwed up (he was apparently hibernating under the porch). A small bird (I think it was a Dark-eyed Junco) flew by. The camera sensed it and caught some pretty good images.

I run my outdoor camera at highest quality and sensitivity of 100 with activitity zones to focus the areas I am interested in. It works well for capturing motion day and night although I do get some false alerts during the day when clouds pass over the sun (creating rapdily appearing and dissapearing shadows in my activity zones).

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation