Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cherry-pie
Star
Star

My Push notifications have completely stopped and this has only happened after i was forced to reset my Arlo password on this website. And Yes i have ensured my Android Notification settings are all ON with push notifications ON. I also ensured that the Arlo App and Armed settings have push notifications ON. I disabled and re-enabled, logged out and back in, reset my router and network and none of this has solved the issue.

When Arlo was owned by netgear, they use to have a seperate password login for the community support section and also one for the Arlo App. I came on a week ago to make a post (haven't made a community post in a couple of years) and the website was acting like i didn't have an existing Arlo community account but i did (i'm assuming because i have never logged in after everything was merged from the Netgear Arlo login). So i used the forgot password option and reset my community password here so i could make a post (needless to say that post ended being deleted by support and they said it was removed for blank content whatever that means.?). I then realized that i couldn't log into the Arlo app to see my cameras and decided to try the new arlo community support login that i created just for kicks and it worked. This is how i came to the realization that the Arlo developers have done away with the separate Arlo Community login and made it under one universal log on that also includes the Arlo App login as well. And after resetting the password, this is when i noticed that i no longer receive Push Notifications for my camera alerts. I have to discover new videos by clicking in the library but without notifications, i'm missing important alerts in real time and this is causing a lapse in my security.

So, the sequence of events of resetting my password and then all of a sudden stop receiving Push Notifications on the App is no coincidence. There seems to be an issue when users convert from the old Netgear log in to resetting their password under the new universal account login. At least, this was the case for me. This seems like a bug or issue that needs to be fixed on the back end. I have troubleshooted my part to ensure ALL settings have push notifications enabled. I am not going to uninstall and reinstall the app or reset my base station as this would cause me to have to take down and re-sync the cameras and set up the Armed configurations in the app all over again. This is such a big hassle and takes a full day and i shouldn't have to do this because there is an issue on the developer side. I had read on another post that creating a new Arlo account fixed the issue for them but that is not a proper fix either and would cause the same convoluted process for me as well. I never messed with or changed the push notification settings on my account all I did was reset my password. If this happened to me, i'm sure this has happened to someone else and there's some kind of trend on this. I find it hard to believe there's some other miraculous reason this problem has occurred.

Arlo Support team or community members, please chime in and offer an easy fix for this.?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your password here has nothing to do with your system password - two different logins AFAIK. If that's changed, I apologize.

Regardless, there are things I would try. First, rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app will always be the first step - things go wrong. The interaction of the app and the phone can get "confused" - it happens. A reboot of the base may also help. Next I would toggle the push notifications settings in case it's an account issue. Finally, I would create a custom mode for testing to see if that makes a difference.

FWIW, it doesn't take me a day to reset my system. I've had to do it in the past and with many cameras, doorbells, chimes and lights it hasn't been an all day process. It IS a pain but a few steps to prepare, such as noting settings, modes, rules, etc. before the reset as well as leaving cameras in place for pairing by pre-positioning a ladder, pressing the base sync button and then going to the camera to press that one, eliminates a lot of time to rebuild. A PITA, to be sure. but planning ahead helps tons. I really don't think you will need to do this so try the other things.

cherry-pie
Star
Star
All of a sudden notifications came back on today and there may be another correlation as to why. One of my cameras was out of battery and i just took it down today to charge it. It had died around the same time notifs stopped. It seems like a silly connection but, dont know if a depleted camera can cause notifications to stop for the whole system. The only thing I did differently today was charge that camera. I had also updated my phones OS around the same time notifs stopped but i don't think thats related because all other apps and notifications are fine. And i recently experienced snowy weather as well and thats also when notifications had stopped. I had created a case with support and wonder if someone did something on the back end. Their reply was advising me to reinstall the app and reset etc... and im glad I didn't have to do that. Either way, its working again but it would be helpful to pin point why incase it happens again. There's too many variables on this scenario.
Oh, and Yes, passwords for Arlo Community and Arlo system are the same. I changed the community password and it automatically changed my system pass as well. Can someone else confirm this?
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yes they are the same password. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation