Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro no ethernet available, alternative connections?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Mydearbb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using wireless broadband. No Ethernet cable available to connect to Arlo pro 2 base station. How and other available option to connect to base station since no cable available ? Appreciate your quick reply.

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Get an wifi range extender. Connect that to your wifi router's wifi and plug the Arlo Pro 2 base station into it

Something like this:

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/EX3700.aspx

Mydearbb
Aspirant
Aspirant

The wireless broadband router I use, is just a small box with only on/off button and nothing more than the on/off button. No antenna and nothing or what so ever. How to sync to the WiFi range extender?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Mydearbb wrote:
The wireless broadband router I use...

What is it? Maybe someone knows how to play with the thing.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Mydearbb wrote:
The wireless broadband router I use, is just a small box with only on/off button and nothing more than the on/off button. No antenna and nothing or what so ever. How to sync to the WiFi range extender?

You would configure the extender to connect to the WiFi of your broadband router, by entering the SSID and password, similar to how you connect your client devices to your router.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Mydearbb wrote:

Range extenders I've used in the past get you to connect to them with your phone etc and then enter a menu to enter the credentials of your wifi network so they can then connect to it

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation