Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro exchange/upgrade to Arlo pro 2 ?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
DimitriL
Follower
Follower

Hello ,

i'm very glad with my Arlo Pro, it is the best home security i ever.

I was very glad and sad at the same time when i learned the Arlo Pro 2 came out.

Glad because it was a update from the current Arlo pro witch is already great and sad because i only have my arlo pro for 2 or 3 months.....

So my question is, can i return it back and get a exange for the Arlo pro 2 ? Or is there a upgrade program ?

I feel kind of disaponted because my system is 2 month old and i feel like i a could have waited 2 months if i knew arlo pro 2 came out.

Thanks

Dimitri

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless the store somehow allows the return, you have what you have.

Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Costco return policy baby, I was at 83 days 🙂

Arlo Pro 2's installed yesterday

No, I couldn't get the AP2 from Costco, had to go to Best Buy, oh well

Rick

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Toy4RickS wrote:

Costco return policy baby, I was at 83 days 🙂

Arlo Pro 2's installed yesterday

No, I couldn't get the AP2 from Costco, had to go to Best Buy, oh well

Rick

Did you get the 4-cam kit AP2? Got mine(AP1) too from Costco and yes am almost there on my 90day return.. I dunno' if I can go with BestBuy though with their 15day return policy.. I think I will drag this til' Costco carries AP2 then buy it.. Most likely they have a better deal than anywhere else.. The issues that I'm reading right now on AP2 is not good.. Tell us what you think on your AP2.. Maybe yours is glitch free? I'll prolly' wait til' Netgear polish some of these issues.. 

Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice
So far I have been glitch free. The quality is much better, no issues so far

Rick
Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here, I was at 82 days and was very very happy with Costco's return policy and how the timing worked out! 🙂

Returned a 3-pack of Pros and base and went to Best Buy for the Pro 2 4-pack.  I am Elite+ at Best Buy so I have 45 days, I believe.

So far so good but I was expecting the video quality to be better.  It seems it might be too compressed as the file sizes are the same.  The quality improvement is certainly noticeable but depending on the light, it doesn't leave me entirely satisfied.  The microphone gain seems way way down compared to the Pro model - I'm hoping this would be  quick fix through a software update.

It would be great if we could get less compression/higher quality video when plugged in as I may hard-wire two of my cameras.

Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Day time videos are great, much better, night time videos I'm sad to say are worse, worse than I had originally thought.

Have also had several disconnect error messages on both Android and Web even though my base unit is in the same place as the previous unit

Let's go Arlo Let's go, Let's go Arlo Let's go

Rick

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Johnny45 wrote:

Returned a 3-pack of Pros and base and went to Best Buy for the Pro 2 4-pack.  I am Elite+ at Best Buy so I have 45 days, I believe.

So far so good but I was expecting the video quality to be better.  It seems it might be too compressed as the file sizes are the same.  The quality improvement is certainly noticeable but depending on the light, it doesn't leave me entirely satisfied.  The microphone gain seems way way down compared to the Pro model - I'm hoping this would be  quick fix through a software update.

It would be great if we could get less compression/higher quality video when plugged in as I may hard-wire two of my cameras.

That's nice to have that 45days return from BestBuy but I think you'd have to spend 1-3K to get it? So far Costco is the best 90day return policy I've seen.. I highly recommend to have this kind of return option just in case it doesn't work out in a long run with no hassle from Arlo's Warranty/Support. Yes, some of these issues right now on AP2 can be resolved thru firmware updates but as of yet who knows when that happens except Arlo Netgear.. Firmware updates can ruin your systems Hardware if not properly installed or bad firmware release from Arlo... At this point, Arlo/Netgear is the only one who have the right to do an update on our expensive system kit. We, consumers don't have that option and not even to delay at least until serious bugs are polished. It's really something to think about. 

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice

45 days is plenty for me to know if this system will work for me or not.  I agree Costco's return policy is better but the reality is Costco probably won't be carrying these cameras for a few months.  

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation