Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bigdumptruck
Guide
Guide
Retuned one Pro 2 Camera yesterday after spending an hour with tech support telling me to open ports on my router, etc. He concluded the issue was with the camera.
Trying with a replacement Pro 2 this morning - same results of fast amber after trying to sync.
I had zero issues with the two pro cameras currently connected to the base.
Only difference in setup at my house is I swapped a Wink hub to a Wink 2 Hub, and we added an Alexa. But I turned off the Wink hub and that makes no difference.
Anyone have a similar problem?
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you only briefly pressing the base sync button without holding it? I know the directions are for 2 seconds but that is sometimes/frequently too long. I use a .5-1 second press myself.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you confirm that the base station sync button press results in the camera green LED blinking? And that the camera sync button press results in a slow blue LED flash on the front of the camera? Or does the camera LED blink amber immediately?

Bigdumptruck
Guide
Guide
It blinks green on the base and slow blue on the camera.

I am pressing both buttons quickly, per other threads.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I had this exact problem. I was so frustrated. I put the camera next to the base and recorded a video of them both blinking to sync. 2 and a half minutes later and they still hadn't found each other. I ended up sorting it out by moving my base station further away from my wifi router. I suspect some interference was happening. After I moved the base just a few feet further away, it sync'd straight away. Give that a go

Bigdumptruck
Guide
Guide
I will try this first chance I get!
achaput
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in the same boat.

Bought an Arlo Pro 2 with 4 cameras.  Came home and followed set up instructions but none of the cameras would sync.  Spent 2 hours chatting with Netgear support - tried rebooting, resetting, removing camera batteries and using direct power, then changed channel settings on my router (Bell Canada router) - tried channels 1, 6 and 11.  Still no sync.  Netgear approved me for replacement base station, which they would mail to me, or suggested I return to whole package.  I decided to return.  I brough the replacement home but I'm having the exact same issues.  I tried moving the base station further away from the wifi router, but this did not help.  Very frustrated.  I had such high hopes for this product.  Looks like I will be returning it tomorrow.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

One person in another thread had problems with sync'ing and ended up taking it to his mum's house(?) and it worked fine there. So there was some interference from something going on at his place. Not sure if then taking it home allowed it to work or not once it was all already sync'd up

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation