Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
iheartarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey all,

I have a Arlo Q outside and am happy with its IQ @ 1080p. Does anyone know how the Arlo Pro 2 IQ stands up to the Arlo Q?

looking at some videos posted on this forum it seems like the Arlo Pro 2's IQ may not be all its cut out to be.

5 REPLIES 5
SteveWhite
Apprentice
Apprentice

Having just purchased the Pro 2 last weekend, and Q just last night, I don't have a ton of experience with either.  What I can say is that the image quality on the Q is way better that the Pro.  The Q almost truly looks like 1080p and is not as heavily compressed as the Pro 2.

If you're using SmartThings the Pro 2s have a bug that causes the custom SmartThings mode to revert settings and disable recording.  I do not see this behavious on the original Arlo Pro's nor do I see it on the Q.  Just the Pro 2.  I would recommend avoiding the Pro 2 at this time.

iheartarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! I was debating just buying a 2nd Arlo Q instead of the pro 2. 

SteveWhite
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you don't need to put it outdoors, I would go with another Q, for the imate quality alone!

Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Agreed.

The image quality on my Q's makes the Pro 2 look like SD.

iheartarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks everyone! Looking at just using the Arlo q's as security cameras instead of the Arlo Pro 2... the image seems too fuzzy for a 1080p..

Maybe Arlo Pro 3 will deliver...

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation