Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 48 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
celticpatricia1
Tutor
Tutor

The past 2 weeks my cameras have been going off line every 30 minutes or so. Last night at 6:30 pm they all went off line and I can not get them back online, 7 cameras. Did they do away with Arlo pro 2 and I can not use them anymore?

48 REPLIES 48
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, they're still usable.

It may be a faulty base. What do the LEDs show? What have you tried and what do you see? You can try removing all devices from your account, holding the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber, wait `2 minutes until the base reboots to green power and Internet LEDs (Camera LED may be off or solid amber)  and finally try claiming the base again normally using Add Device. If it adds to your account, try adding the cameras.

celticpatricia1
Tutor
Tutor

I have 2 base stations. One of them has 2 cameras, the other one has 5 cameras. Everything was working all year long until last night around 6:30. All cams are offline. Was chatting with support and tried several things, didn't work. Will try resetting to factory default and reinstalling them when I get my patience back. thank you

chicmonique73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. I reset everything and re-added everything and still can't view live cam or see recording from notifications I still keep getting on my phone. Have you had any luck?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have either of you tried using the web client (my.arlo.com) to see if that works? Also, is it working now?

celticpatricia1
Tutor
Tutor

I factory reset the base unit. Since my wifi is 5 g, I have to wait until Mediacom comes tomorrow to set up a 2.4 ghz channel. If it's not one thing...  Oh well, I'll have to see what happens tomorrow.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WiFi has no bearing with your system since the base only connects via Ethernet. The new equipment may help but not due to any change in the WiFi. Unplug the base and plug it back in after any changes (or now). You should see power and Internet LEDs as green and the Camera LED may be off or solid amber. If this isn't true, what is shown?

celticpatricia1
Tutor
Tutor

o.k. so I have all the cameras going again and through base station 5000. A couple days ago, I had 2 base stations hooked up. 2 cameras on the 5000, and 5 cameras on the 4500 base station. The problem is still on going. All cameras loose internet connection about every 30 minutes or so. I refresh my arlo screen on the computer and log in again, all cameras up. Then repeats again in about 30 minutes. All cameras have 5 bars, good signal. Audio has quite a bit of static. Some sort of interference? I have a google speaker in the kitchen ( assistant ) and google nest mesh system ( 1 being the router and the other 2 in different rooms. My tv is through Ethernet and hardly ever on. I do have 2.4 wifi and 5g. Could interference be coming from a neighbors house? Base station ( 5000 ) is hooked up through the Ethernet to my modem. I'm stumped.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you're seeing the automatic logout when using a browser. The 30 minute timeout is for security reasons so if you were in an environment where others had access to the computer that shouldn't be accessing your cameras the browser session times out. It's always been this way.

Any user activity in the browser window like changing from one screen to another, watching a recording, checking modes, etc. will reset the timer.

celticpatricia1
Tutor
Tutor

I( do get ( Your session has timed out ) message, but this is different. As long as it doesn't get worse. My son is suppose to come back next month and he's a Google engineer. I know he does stuff with frequencies/signals whatever. Stuff I do not understand...maybe he can fix the issue. Drives me nuts though!405163005_1551543495580836_5162050358812855370_n.png

celticpatricia1
Tutor
Tutor

Update: Still the same, goes offline every 30 minutes or so. Live stream sometimes skips and audio is in and out at times. Thinking this is interference. Now, how to figure out what is causing it. I did download a wifi analyzer showing all the neighbors wifi frequencies. Not sure where to go. Might have to wait until my son comes home. Arlo support answers were: resetting base and reinstalling; update firmware; then they wanted the serial numbers of all 7 cameras and the base, I gave it to them;next support says to disable my cousin from my account ( I don't know what that has to do with anything...it doesn't ) ; { The reason we require the serial numbers of the cameras is that, upon checking your account, the cameras are listed as grant users, meaning we have verified their online status in the main user account. To isolate the issue, we need to specifically identify the serial numbers of the cameras. We look forward to receiving your response. Stay safe ;

So....I'll continue trying to figure out the interference. Will update if I find the solution.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@celticpatricia1 wrote:

Update: Still the same, goes offline every 30 minutes or so. Live stream sometimes skips and audio is in and out at times. Thinking this is interference. Now, how to figure out what is causing it.

One easy thing to try is to take a camera indoors, and put it near the base station.  (Don't put it too close.  6-10 feet away in the same room as the base is ideal). Then see if the camera still goes off line.

Also, if the base is right next to your router, then the interference might actually be coming from your own wifi.  So try moving the base as far away from the router as the ethernet cable will reach.

celticpatricia1
Tutor
Tutor

I did do those things. Even tried a long ethernet cable. Unplugged my Google nest. I'm just going to have to wait until my son comes home and see what the problem is. thank you

Suechen1978
Aspirant
Aspirant

I experienced the same issue of cameras offline for Arlo Pro 2 around December 12th, 2023.  I did manufacture reset multiple times, each time it worked for 5-6 days then offline again (can’t view live either).  I reset cameras with a new spare base, the same things happened.  Still did not work to now.  Does any one know why?

celticpatricia1
Tutor
Tutor

Does yours go back online? Mine will go off, then I refresh the page and login...then they are back online for less than an hour, then repeat, over and over again. Irritating to say the least. Didn't help through support, anything they said to do, didn't work. Maybe they want us to get new cameras....not Arlo!

Suechen1978
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras went off completely unless I reset them again.  After each reset, it last 5 days or so when I put “Armed” setting for 24 hours, then when offline completely even I tried refresh, log in/out from website or apps.  I think it has to do with the new Apps.  I saw threads about people complained about new apps and their cameras behave like mine.  If you later find out new way going around this, please let me know.  I will keep researching and keep you update if I can fix them.  

celticpatricia1
Tutor
Tutor

My 7 cameras started doing this mid November and hasn't stopped. Wonder if they did a software update around then. Let me know if you figure it out. thank you!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always check for the latest update versions in the Release Notes section here:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes

Suechen1978
Aspirant
Aspirant

Remember last time I mentioned reset allowed me to use cameras for 5 days then turn everything offline no matter what I did.  I noticed shared base station available to view on website but not on app.  I tried to add shared base station to app but did not work.  I reset arlo base and re-add cameras again, re-invite/shared devices again, and still no shared base station on app under “shared device” tab.  Before all of this problem, I was able to see shared base station on shared account.   Why shared base station suddenly get deleted from shared account and causes all the cameras go offline?  Arlo app issue? If I want to continue to use Arlo cameras then I have to reset base station/re-adding cameras every couple days.  😞 A lot of climbing, time consuming, can’t do this if I am not around (vulnerable house with cameras offline for weeks).  I can’t find solutions on Arlo community.  

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Are you aware that arlo places a 30mins limit on live streaming cameras? This is in addition to the website login timeout.

celticpatricia1
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I am aware of that. These cameras didn't start really screwing up until mid November, makes me wonder about the Arlo software, as the pro 2 is under the "end of life policy". There is no reason that I can find why they go offline. I have done all the trouble shooting that I could think of and support did not have a remedy either. Thank you for replying though, Patty.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Suechen1978 wrote:

I tried to add shared base station to app but did not work.  I reset arlo base and re-add cameras again, re-invite/shared devices again, and still no shared base station on app under “shared device” tab.  

Is everything working properly in the primary account?

Suechen1978
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both shared accounts and primary account offline on apps and also websites.  I saw Arlo apps 4.11.1 (7230) released on Dec. 13, 2023.  This is when I experienced all of this problems.  I wish at least I can view live with any accounts.  It is difficult to monitor an elderly overseas lives by herself when all cameras down for weeks.  In the old app, I saw base  station and cameras under settings for shared device but not with new apps.  New app issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there someone on site who can power cycle the base, and maybe make sure the cameras are charged?

Suechen1978
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras were fully charged via power cords directly plugged in (3) and via batteries (2), which I monitored daily for past years.  Turned off power to the base and turned it back on did not fix the offline issue.  Only reset the base works for around 5 days.  *For those who have Arlo overseas and monitor them in the US, I noticed in the past the “Armed” schedule based on local time of the country where the base/cameras located.  But suddenly around November 2023, the armed schedule changed to US time (where the app locate/able to view).  Thus, I had to convert the time and set “armed” during daytime US, which will be night time oversea (where base locate). It’s a new change of this new app.

Discussion stats
  • 48 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation