Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 not detecting motion. Tried motion test and see orange light. Tried reset.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aarakv
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo pro 2 stopped detecting motion. I did a motion test and I can see any orange light. I reset the base in hope that my cameras would reset to factory settings, but they did not. Also my affected camera still cannot detect motion. Can someone please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aarakv
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for getting back to me, i took the battery out, but also after inserting it, kept the sync button pressed for 12 minutes, im not sure it that would help but i managed to see an orange light flash, now i need to just check if the camera starts detecting motion again, will put an update after 12 hrs. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to verify, when you change the SENSE level, your doing it in the MODE( and saving) not the test area

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Aarakv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply, I checked the sense in the mode section and it's set up to 80%. I stood infront of the camera and it still did not record. I did the same test with my other arlo pro 2 and arlo and they recorded fine.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aarakv wrote:
Thanks for your reply, I checked the sense in the mode section and it's set up to 80%. I stood infront of the camera and it still did not record. I did the same test with my other arlo pro 2 and arlo and they recorded fine.

Next try removing the battery from the camera and then reinsert it (to reboot the camera).

Aarakv
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for getting back to me, i took the battery out, but also after inserting it, kept the sync button pressed for 12 minutes, im not sure it that would help but i managed to see an orange light flash, now i need to just check if the camera starts detecting motion again, will put an update after 12 hrs. 

Aarakv
Aspirant
Aspirant
An update, the camera has started detecting motion again and is sending alerts. Thanks for helping out. I guess the battery removal worked. Not sure if the long sync button press did anything. But thanks for the support.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation