Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Year1
Tutor
Tutor

Help!

I've noticed that my arlo pro 2 cameras keep losing connection to my WIFI during LIVE recording.  I have turned off motion detection while using LIVE manual recording.  The cameras are plugged in so batteries shouldn't be an issue.  When I look at the app it shows that I have 2 bars for connection to WIFI.  At this point, I should be able to record because there is an internet connection.  However, 2 minutes into recording the crime the LIVE recording stops due to connection issues.  Do you know if arlo tries to reconnect to WIFI at this point and tries to re-record?  If yes, please let me know how this can be done.  If no, will Arlo be adding this as a new functionality to the app?  Its really bad that the manual LIVE recording stops due to connectivity issues, and even if connection stops arlo should function such that the cameras will try to reconnect to internet as soon as possible and re-record on its own to catch the time sensitive situation at hand. 

Thanks.

M.

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Year1

The cameras will not be able to record while live viewing. Also, If the camera looses connection, it will try & re-sync/reconnect on it's own. This process may also use more battery while searching for the signal.

Year1
Tutor
Tutor

ShayneS.

How long does the camera typically take to regain connection and re-try to record?  The battery power is not an issue because the cameras are plugged into an outlet.  From my experience, once the app is in LIVE record it records until it loses network connection and it doesn't try to re-record on its own.  Is there something on the app that signals me that its trying to reconnect and re-try to re-record? 

Thanks.
M.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Year1
Tutor
Tutor
Hi.
I logged case number # 41137119 on 9/20/2019. I have not heard anything back from the support team. I’m not sure if the issue has been resolved or not because there’s no communication. See attachment for the case number I received after I submitted the question to alro tech support.

Thanks.
M.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Year1

I apologize for the inconvenience, I have updated your case & support will be contacting you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Year1
Tutor
Tutor
You don’t have to contact me because I have returned the alro cameras. The turn around time is slow for support and one of the cameras stopped detecting motion. I tried to use the motion test on the app and the yellow light never came on. I’ve noticed that with the alro pro 2 cameras, it’s just problems after another. In my personal experience, I’ve learned that the app has software issues and the cameras seems to be in beta production only. If you would like me to test the app and Arlo cameras for you please feel free to contact me.

Thanks.
M.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation