Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 battery not charging despite lighting bolt sign

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Teejay6666
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also pro 2 cameras, one of the camera is not charging battery. Whether I plug in to socket or solar panel it shows lightning bolt sign but battery is still at the same percentage and then runs out. Bought 2 new batteries replace and same result. So I guess issue with camera right ??

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master

Are you using the Qualcomm QC charger supplied by Arlo, the pro2 batteries are 7.2v so needs a 9v charger.

The pro2 will run when powered by a 5.1v adapter, no charging that is.

Some generic adapters only supply 4.9v on load hence the camera will not run but use the battery instead.

Teejay6666
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using netgear

output:5v===1.8A or 9v==1.1A

charger and bought genuine solar panel supplied by arlo.

if there is a problem with charger then it should at least charged with solar panel. But it reflect red lightning bolt sign but charging percentage remain same.

Dannybear
Master
Master

You do raise a valid point, you could swap cameras to see if the issue is specific to that camera. Use the charger on the other camera to confirm the charger works.

If you’re using the arlo web interface it might still be giving battery % errors, mine does.

eg. My pc browser shows both my pro2 cameras at 100% not charging but my iPhone correctly shows battery icon is fully green suggesting fully charged when plugged in.

The web bug has been about for several months.

somewhereiniowa
Star
Star

I am having the same problem with my Arlo Pro.  Did you ever figure out how to get them to charge?  I mentioned this morning to my husband, I wonder if Arlo made it so we can't charge these old Arlo's forcing us to buy newer?  And newer cameras require a subscription plan.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@somewhereiniowa wrote:

I wonder if Arlo made it so we can't charge these old Arlo's forcing us to buy newer?  

No.

@somewhereiniowa wrote:

I am having the same problem with my Arlo Pro.   

Are you using the charger that came with the Pro?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation