Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 batteries die in 2 days

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Davsketches
Tutor
Tutor
Hi

I have 4 arlo pro 2 wireless cameras and the batteries don’t last longer than 2 days.

I use to charge them every 3 months now it’s every 3 days.

It happens to all of my cameras I have purchased replacement arlo batteries and have the same issue, I purchased 3rd party batteries and it’s the same issue. I even purchased the external battery charger in case the camera has issues. I still have the same issue.

The cameras have fallen outside of their 1 year warranty. The firmware of the base unit and cameras are all up to date.

I find it really weird all 4 cameras have the same issue and all batteries new or old don’t last.

I only set my cameras for a few hours in the week days (like 😎 and I don’t receive a lot of alerts (like 5 max a week)

So it’s not like I have a lot of activity to justify the battery drain.

Can anyone help?
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then it sounds like signal interference from something near the base. Try moving the base away from the router and verify that no wireless device is near the base or cameras.

Davsketches
Tutor
Tutor
Hi there

Thanks for the reply

Nothing has been moved since I had the cameras. The cameras are communicating fine And have no other device in the way.

I have also resynced the cameras and even removed them completely and added them back on.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Davsketches

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Davsketches
Tutor
Tutor
Hi there

Thanks for your reply I am in contact with tech support and have a case open. I thought someone else may have a solution that I may have not tried before I troubleshoot with support.

No worries and again thanks for the reply
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Davsketches

You're welcome,

Hopefully it's resolved soon!

Koin
Guide
Guide

Hey @Davsketches, have you had any luck solving this one? My parents have the same issue with three Arlo Pro 2 cameras discharging battery at a very fast rate all of a sudden. No changes in camera positioning or otherwise, it seems to have started for no reason at all. Would be very keen to know if you found a solution!

Davsketches
Tutor
Tutor
Hi

I have it working for a week now and the battery drain seems to be under control.

I was advised to remove all the camera on the apps

Then remove the base from the app

Hit the rest button on the back

Give it a few mins until lights are green

Then add the base and cameras back.

On this site there is more details on how to reset but the above is the general jist of it.

Give it a go and see if it works
Koin
Guide
Guide
Thanks mate, will give it a go!
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation