Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jklausen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wanted to change video settings and got an error: "Automation Definitions are corrupted. Please reset your device"

I tried resetting the basestation via the website but that did not help.

When i get home i will try to disconnect it and reconnect and see if that helps.

But why do i get this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact support here for a possible RMA.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a new one to me. The message would seem to be saying that you need to use areset, not a restart. That would involve removing all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Make notes of your settings, modes and rules before doing so to speed the rebuild process. Then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim your base. Sync your cameras and rebuild settings, modes and rules. Any help?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jklausen,

Are you still experiencing this error or was this a one time occurrence? I've escalated this to engineering for further investigation.

JamesC

jklausen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh that is not good - lot of work to take down 5 cameras and set them up again! I havent tried yet but i might need to.

Now I dont get the error message but the web-interface does not work properly anymore. I dont get the "mode" site where i can Arme and disarme the cameras - it is empty, just a white site.

Also in the app on the phone the menu is gone..

jklausen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having problems - see other post - i will reset it as soon as i get some more time.

jklausen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today I made a reset to the basestation. Loged into my account and remove all 5 camera (4+1 as the one is shared from another basestation). I took down 4 cameras and started to add them again.

I first had to add the basestation and then i could add the 3 first cameras BUT not the last one.

I tried several things, restarted the basestation, replaced the battery and tried to connect to my basestation no.2.

No luck. I have recorded a video that shows that everything looks ok to a start. But after waiting for 4-5 min the camera diod gets red and the green light on the basestation gets back to constant green.

Any idea what to do now? The camera is about 3 month old.

PS. i dont know if this reply is posted twice. I attach a video the the first but nothing showed up!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact support here for a possible RMA.

jklausen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a checklist from Arlo-support.
You can see it here:

1. Power cycle the Base Station by unplugging the power cable from the
power outlet and the Internet cable from the router.

2. Wait for 10 seconds then plug-in them back.

3. Wait for the first and second LED's to light solid green.

4. Power cycle the camera.
a. Open the battery door of the camera.
b. Wait for 10 seconds before closing it.
c. Check the momentary Blue light is showing. If it is Amber, it means the battery is dead. With that, please change the battery.

5. Remove the camera from the account.
a. Log-in to your Arlo account.
b. Go to Settings> My Devices> Camera> Remove Device.

6. Resync the camera.
a. Press the sync button on the base station, just once then release. The 3rd LED from the left will flash green.
b. Press sync button on the camera, just once then release. A blue LED will blink blue slowly then rapidly.
c. Once the cameras are online, please observe the cameras.

As you can see from my post i did already try it all, i even reset the basestation to factory settings so i had to connect all camera's again (except the one i could not get to work!)

I GOT IT TO WORK THIS WAY:
I used the camera to recharge the batteries from the other cameras for 2 days, 3 batteries were recharged.
I planed to send the camera back to the dealer but before i did that i tried one more time and guess what it worked!

I have no idea why but it works now so that is fine.
I you have any idea why and what happened let me know.
Best wishes JK

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation