Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 4th camera does not show on app

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Safwanaly
Follower
Follower

I have 4 Arlo pro cameras that used to work and show on the app until i did firmware update of the base, deleted all cameras and tried to reconnect the cameras again. 3 of the cameras showed on the app (and their firmware were updated).. the 4th never recognized by the app and hence its firmware was never updated like the other 3. When i try to add it as a new device it seems to sync (light blue blinks rapidly then stops) but the app fails to recognize this 4th camera like it use to. I also tried the use the sync button on the base along with camera sync button.
I updated the app as a last attempt.
Not sure what else to do to get the 4th camera to be added again.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue with syncing your Pro 2 camera?

Longjames512
Aspirant
Aspirant
Running into a similar issue here. Got the base unit and one camera to sync but firmware won't update on the last camera. I have tried resets, deleted and added the base and cameras, even left everything unplugged for a day and tried to reconnect. Is there a way to force a firmware update?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

HoneyMarket
Guide
Guide

It would be nice to have a question answered...and then be told to contact support.

A firmware update seemed to have BRICKED my camera...is this a common thing with Arlo cameras that if there is any sort of issue during a firmware update, the camera is effectively bricked??

How can someone reset to factory settings and/or manually update the firmware for a camera??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@HoneyMarket wrote:

or manually update the firmware for a camera??

I know of no way to do that, unless you see an "update firmware" control when you go into camera settings.  I've seen that sometimes (I think in device info, but not sure).  But if the camera isn't connected to the base, you obviously can't see that.

AFAIK, connecting the camera via USB to the base won't accomplish anything, as the USB is only supplying power, and not data.

@HoneyMarket wrote:

How can someone reset to factory settings 

While this is available on some cameras,  I don't think it's an option for the Pro2.  Generally the process is to press sync for a long time (until the camera starts rapidly blinking).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation