Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo notification lag

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DragonMan68
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is up with ARLO? Seit it up last night only to find no Android app on google play so used Arlo Legacy, now today i see the new Arlo app back up on Google Play what is up with that? Also, a 5-7 second delay from my camera to my phone is totally unacceptable, id understand if i had a cheap phone and internet connection hiwever im using a Samsung Galaxy S 10+, Comcast WiFi @150mbps, through a Netgear AC 1600 wifi cable modem router!
My $39 apeman ptz security cam is on the same network with less than . 5ms lag and a. 8ms lag for my $89 Amcrest PTZ UHD 4k cam both do everything the Arlo cams do at 1/6th the price plus they are PTZ unlike Arlo!
Anyone else experience in acceptable high lag times?
Considering sending the entire Arlo setup straight back to Amazon!

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DragonMan68

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

DragonMan68
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Shayne, Yes I talked to tech support, they have no answer other than it's due to internet traffic, which is total phooey, I have a .8 Ms ping @ 148 Mbps on my Ookla Speed test!
I reset my base station, all my cameras
( Arlo Pro 2's ) are fully charged to 100% and still I have a 5-8 second delay! All 4 cameras are within 50ft of my base as well!
DragonMan68
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shayne, just an update here, my ping time average is 32ms and my average speed is 189mbps, I rebooted my Arlo base station and it helped a tad, the lag is now on average 4-5 full seconds, however at times it can be as bad as 8 seconds.
I have not been able to find any issues on my end that could be causing it, leading me to believe that the issue is internal with the Arlo base station.
I have not been able to find any fixes for this issue, however I did see several other posts from members stating they were having the same issue, none with a resolution.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation