Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo does not recognise my emaill address so I can't access my system

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mbray0007
Initiate
Initiate

So, For the first couple of months using arlo, My registered email worked just fine to allow me to login,  Then at some point it stopped accepting my email address as valid  login. I've had a case open for 8 days with no contact, and just called in, and the person i spoke with kept asking me about a password reset link even though i told him 4-5 times that wasn't the problem,  then he told me he couldn't send me a reset password link, because me email wasn't valid.  and my email is a valid email,  it has a .systems extension that some systems do not recognize, but...arlo did recognize it long enough to allow me to set up a subscription, setup my cameras, and had a month or so with the system and everything worked i could log into the app, i could log into the web browser, everything was fine.  now i have two cases open, and no one has been any help, I understand that this is because of a less than conventional email, and that some system change on arlo's end is preventing me from logging in, and i understand that changing my arlo associated  email will fix the issue, but i can't get any support that even understands what my issues is.  Is it not possible for arlo support to change the email address on my account??  what alternatives are available? can someone with arlo unregister my hardware so i can reregister with a new address? this was a fairly expensive system to be turned into a paper weight, also, in order to cancel my service, while i cannot login, i'm going to have to cancel my debit card? this shouldn't be this hard.

2 REPLIES 2
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

YA this is a security issue because if a thief takes someones camera system then they could then just reactivate it with another email account. I am guessing Arlo Support would have to ask you some security questions in order to change your email address, so if you call them answer any security questions they may have and make sure you are calling Arlo Support Support Center and not doing a google search for Arlo support.

You could try the How do I reset my Arlo password if I forgot it? , but if your using the wrong email address or it "stopped accepting your email address as valid login". Support is the only hope for you.

I hpoe this helps and you get it resolved. 👍

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mbray0007,

I will reach out to you in a private message to further investigate this issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation