Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo device is offline. Removed battery, removed base, etc. Only works for a few days.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jameskieley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I continue to get “This arlo device is offline” on various of my cameras. Have five arlo pro 2s. Contacted support a few times and is same story, pull battery, remove from base re-add, etc. Then cameras will work for a few days and issue reoccurs.. Issue is very frustrating.

Does anyone have a fix or suggestion?

Also is not my Wi-Fi. I have done a Wi-Fi signal tests and coverage is 80% plus at each cameras location.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jameskieley wrote:

Also is not my Wi-Fi. I have done a Wi-Fi signal tests and coverage is 80% plus at each cameras location.

Well, the cameras aren't using your home WiFi - they connect using a closed WiFi network hosted by the base station(s).

Does the problem happen on all the cameras at the same time?  

Jameskieley
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem is with one or two of my cameras, not all.

Regarding Wi-Fi, that’s what I thought too but one of arlo call reps said to make sure my Wi-Fi signal strength was good on all areas where cameras are.
Fireems007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have three cameras in the basement one in the kitchen and one in the living room and they go off-line what can I do to fix this
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jameskieley wrote:

Regarding Wi-Fi, that’s what I thought too but one of arlo call reps said to make sure my Wi-Fi signal strength was good on all areas where cameras are.

They meant to check the signal strength that you see in the app or the web client.  That's not the signal strength of your home WiFi - it's the signal strength from the closed WiFi network that the base station creates.

Since this is only happening with some of your cameras, it is an issue with the connection between those cameras and the base.   Another possible cause is wifi interference - if your base is very close to your router, you might try moving it some (as far as the ethernet cabling will let you).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fireems007 wrote:
I have three cameras in the basement one in the kitchen and one in the living room and they go off-line what can I do to fix this

Do they all go off-line at the same time?  Or is one or two off-line, with the other(s) still connected?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation