Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras not able to be moved to new location

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KellasCat
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening with all my Arlo devices...cameras and bases. We moved our store location, and new Arlo cameras are working just fine. However, the old cameras and base stations from the store were disconnected, then removed from my Arlo, and then at the new place I am trying to find them from the Arlo app. They are unable to be found, even when I reset the unit.

Is there some sequence you are supposed to use in order to stop using them in one place and adding them to another place?

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
I believe the sequence should be to remove the cameras and then bases from your arlo account before disconnecting the equipment. Doing this clears the equipment for the reinstall.

Have you tried the base station factory reset process using the paper clip at rear?

What LEDs are showing on the base station?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In the future, any Arlo system using a base station or hub does NOT need to be removed from your account when moving. Simply unplug it and plug it in at the new location as before. As long as the router (and ISP) allows access to the servers it will be as if there was just a power outage.

KellasCat
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the base station, the power light is on, the internet light is on, and the camera light is not on.

I've had this issue with the base station, and also with several Arlo cameras that do not require a base station. When I'm in search for new device mode from the Arlo app, it just doesn't find them. They were working at the old store...and I can add newly bought devices. So it has something to do with the fact that they used to be added to my account.

Maybe I need to press the reset button for a longer period of time?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KellasCat wrote:

On the base station, the power light is on, the internet light is on, and the camera light is not on.

Is the base station in your account now?  Is the internet light green?  Or is it amber? https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

@KellasCat wrote:

Maybe I need to press the reset button for a longer period of time?

It depends on the camera model.  If you are talking about Pro 3/Pro 4/Ultra cameras, then hold the sync button until the LED on the camera flashes amber.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@KellasCat wrote:

This means the base has not been claimed. Try claiming it again (if it's still listed in Settings, My Devices, remove it first).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation