Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera signal interfering with wifi speeds on 2.4ghz network. Any solution to change channel?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Kmk85
Initiate
Initiate

I have the Arlo Pro 2 camera's and Arlo Baby Camera in my house.  At first I didn't realize why my internet speeds were operating at 1/10 the speed they should be.  After further troubleshooting, the Arlo Cameras are on the same 2.4ghz Channel as the wifi causing interference and noise reducing my internet speed.  With the camera's off my speed is 100Mb/s and with them on its only 10-20mb because they are sharing the same channel.  Is there any solution anyone has found to fix this problem and or know a way to get them on different channels? Thanks for the help.  I already tried moving the base station 6ft away from the router but that didn't seem to help much.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use a longer Ethernet cable or a WiFi or powerline extender to be able to move the base away from the router. When you turned the cameras off, how did you do that - remove batteries or turn the base off? What are your router settings for 20/40Mhz coexistence? Try toggling that off and on to see if that makes a difference.

Kmk85
Initiate
Initiate

You know I thought it made a difference yesterday when I shut off the arlo cameras and arlo baby camera, but today its not making a great difference.  When I did a factory reset a couple days ago on my router (Airport Time Capsule) speeds came back up near 100mbs. So I don't know what the interference is coming from.  I tried changing channels but even still sitting in the 20's mbs. How do I find the router settings for 20/40Mhz coexistence? The width seems to be at 20Mhz

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Never used an Apple router so can't suggest how to change settings. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation