Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo browser changes

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
zmhabibi
Aspirant
Aspirant

What in the name of heavens did they do to the web interface?  The whole things is changed.  The Saave UserID is gone.  Everytime I try to click for "live" (or whatever you call it!), one of them says need new Flash.  The when I refresh, the other Arlo camera says te same thing (I bought the camers in the same package).  When I refresh then it goes away.  When it times out, I have to red- do the whole thing, instead of just click on "live" and it would re start.  Who programmed this damn thing?  Who are your tech support?  Don't you guys test before you implement the code changes?  man-o-man.  It seems to record, but doeasnt show anything when you click on the Library.  As an x-programmer, I can't believe my eyes.  Imagine if MS would release a new update and screwes the whole interface!  BTW, the IOS verion works OK, it is the WEB interface (MS 10) that is totally wacko. 

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Not sure that I follow much of that stuff, but let's see if we can help with one issue, if you want help that is.

@zmhabibi wrote:

Everytime I try to click for "live" (or whatever you call it!), one of them says need new Flash. 

What browser is this?

Unfortunately, the browser makers keep changing things. (Arlo can't control that.) Firefox recently put out an update that messed around with things.

There is now an icon that looks like a Lego brick in Firefox up near the address slot. Click that and the Flash alert should go away.

Other browsers have different approaches. Most of them have come up here recently. So a browse through the archive might fix whatever it is that bugs you.

@zmhabibi wrote:

Who are your tech support?  Don't you guys test before you implement the code changes? 

Who knows? This community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Arlo techies.

Most of the answers come from fellow users who have no connection with Arlo. They just have a lot of collective experience and are familiar with the sort of problems that turn up here.

They may not be programming wizards with decades of experience working for Boeing,  for example, but explain clearly what you see and you might get useful answers.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@zmhabibi wrote:

The Saave UserID is gone. 

Everytime I try to click for "live" (or whatever you call it!), one of them says need new Flash.  The when I

The Flash issue was answered...

As to saved id... In Firefox , I had the same issue.  But I used cut and paste into the PW box ( from a previous entry ) and after that the page remembers the ID and PW... ( there is a toggle in settings to remembe same )

Now it's just an extra click on log-in and it works for me.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Frustrated101
Star
Star

You can add to this list, I also get kicked out in the middle of viewing my camera live. Interesting enough, I never had this problem when I was paying for CVS. I canceled that due to no support on fixing issues with it. Now it's like ok you can't view your cameras live unless you pay us. We'll show you.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation