Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo batteries are dying fast

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Beeniebaby
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had these cameras in the past and they got lost, came with a cord charger the cameras would last for almost a week. I recently got a whole new set up and it only takes batteries, I’ve had the system for 6 days now and already have had to change batteries TWICE!
Should I just take Arlo back and look into something new?

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Beeniebaby

What are the settings for record time? Three are different factors that can come in to play for rapid batter loss. This can occur from record settings, loss of signal/bad signal. I have attached a few articles below that will help with the troubleshooting process.

How far can I place my Arlo wire-free cameras from the base station?

How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

joeke3el
Aspirant
Aspirant

How much motion is within the field of view of your cameras? Even if an object is outside of your activity zone, the camera must still upload the video to the cloud to determine what to do with the motion and that will sap the battery. For example, even though mine was set to not alert of a flag in front of my house, the flag would trigger the motion sensor all day long. I wouldn't get alerts as it was set not to, but the camera had to work all day deciphering the movements. Not until I got the flag out of view did I get the battery life I expected.

Beeniebaby
Aspirant
Aspirant

@joeke3el I live on A cul-de-sac Not much movement at all until we get home or the neighbors. It’s all set to how it came. But honestly these cameras are a waste of time. I been trying to watch my live feed at home on my computer for almost 23 min and still “getting status” my house was kicked in and my fiancé got shot and the cameras didn’t catch any of it...  But I’ll look into settings. Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation