Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Tiffany23445
Aspirant
Aspirant

Set up my new arlo pro 2. Had it connected and working, it asked me to do a firmware update so I did and after this the base station was offline. I have since reset tried to redo everything 5 times and it isn't working. Pretty disappointing after spending over 600 dollars.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs showing on the base? Exactly what have you tried? Power cycles? Full system reset by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices as well as holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber?

Tiffany23445
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've tried all of the above and spent half an hour on the phone to Arlo support. Conclusion was the base isn't working.
lite1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Tiffany I'm newbie, but I just had somewhat similar exp. but had not done a reset. What worked for me (but perhaps just coincidence) is that the 3rd time I did a power cycle of the Base station I left it unplugged and unplugged Cat5 cable to router, and then plugged back in; got single blue light within 15 seconds. Arlo Pro2 user manual says unplug for 1 minute to power cycle, so my positive result might have nothing to do with it. As you might have already found (as I have) the forum seems more knowledgeable and helpful than calling Arlo, but since they think your base sta is dead you might "trust" that answer. FYI, I am still within the return window on my 6 camera system and not sure whether I will return it. Most responses I have had from forum users is to get out/return. But I have looked at Nest forum and user exp. their seems fairly negative as well AND most imp. to me the user forum there seemed less knowledgeable. If it weren't for this forum I'd dump Arlo and probably abandon idea of security cameras completely. Good luck with your system and decision.

@jguerdatYou asked Tiffany whether she had done Base Reset. Arlo manual is somewhat unclear about this procedure ... if one does that do you then have to not only add the base back into your account, but do you then also need to both A) synch each camera with Base (anew); and B) redo all of the Custom Modes you had set up? Manual says you have to add Base back to account and might need to do (A); what is the truth? If one has to resynch cameras and if one has to redo all custom modes, I will then NOT treat Reset button as a viable choice for me unless I have truly ruled out other problems - just too much work to take down cameras and redo the modes. Thanks, and Tiffany, don't mean to take over your thread, but it seemed to make more sense to post ?s here than to start a new thread.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@lite1 wrote:

@jguerdatYou asked Tiffany whether she had done Base Reset. Arlo manual is somewhat unclear about this procedure ... if one does that do you then have to not only add the base back into your account, but do you then also need to both A) synch each camera with Base (anew); and B) redo all of the Custom Modes you had set up? Manual says you have to add Base back to account and might need to do (A); what is the truth? If one has to resynch cameras and if one has to redo all custom modes, I will then NOT treat Reset button as a viable choice for me unless I have truly ruled out other problems - just too much work to take down cameras and redo the modes.

I agree that the reset is a last ditch attempt. I've had a bad base so I understand where you're coming from but that isn't the norm. The catch is that we need to know exactly ALL the steps taken so we don't simply spew the standard language of where to start. This is compounded by the fact that many (most?) folks posting here seem to view a reboot or a power cycle as a "reset" - they're totally different things.

The processes followed bu official support as well as what is posted here is likely/should be the same. It can be a pain to go through but it's worthwhile to get the system working. And, to finish, many times I simply suggest swapping the system at the store since it appears to be a hardware problem that all the troubleshooting in the world won't fix.

lite1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat thanks for confirming my conjecture that Reset is a last ditch effort and if successful probably then entails a bunch more time/work restoring things and typically should not be used prematurely.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation