Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app getting black screen and boots me out (Pro 2)

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Readergirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone else having problems with the Arlo app on their phones? When I try to get into the app I immediately get a black screen and it boots me out. I’ve tried to install and reinstall the app and still the same thing happens..

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Readergirl,

What phone device are you using that's experiencing this issue? Is this happening when connected through WiFi and/or cellular data?

Readergirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

JessicaP,

I have the iPhone 7, version 12.1.2. And yes, it's happening when connected to my WiFi, but also when I'm not connected to my WiFi, such as wanting to check on my home when I'm away. My husband has the iPhone 8, not sure what version, and he's also experiencing the same problem with his app on his phone. And no, we're not trying to log on at the same time. We know we can't do that.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to make sure, you're able to log in just fine through the web client on the computer?

Also, do you remember when the problem started to happen? Was it after you updated the app or was it any changes/edits that you made through the Arlo app?

Readergirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I can log in just fine on my computer. But not through the app on my phone. It immediately boots me out. This starting happening Monday morning. We've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app from our phones a handful of times, but it's still doing the same thing. Actually, Monday early morning it was working just fine. I went into Arlo through my computer to make a change to our subscription plan. Later that morning the app on our phones starting booting us out, and also, our outdoor camera is now no longer recording on motion, even though it's set to do so. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you let me know what changes you made regarding your subscription plan? If it's too personal for you, we can continue the discussion through private message.

Readergirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I changed back to the premier + 24/7 CVR for 30 days.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Sorry for the late response regarding this! The new update came out for the Arlo app, which is 2.7.1, and a new iOS update, which is 12.1.3. Have you tried to update the Arlo app and see if that helped? If it still has problems, I can help create a case for you so our support team can assist you further.

Readergirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, we've updated the app, have unstalled and reinstalled several times, and have also done any updates we can find for our phones. I'm going to give this another week, and then return the cameras and get something more reliable. I have had problems with these cameras and the app ever since we installed them back in October. They do me no good if I can't access the app, or if the cameras aren't actually recording. Which by the way, my outdoor one still won't record motion, even though we've reset it, resynched it, etc., and the option for motion detection is selected. Very frustrated with these unreliable cameras and the app.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I'll reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation