Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Naga
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am from India and recently bought the Arlo Pro 2 from Amazon.My Arlo app is unable to find my base station. I have followed every instructions in the Set up manual and tried all advices mentioned in the community support. Re-install, factory reset, delete and downloaded the app, etc.
In fact, I had replaced my first Alro pro 2 system thinking that it was a defect but the replacement has the same issue.
1. Does it work in India?
2. Do you all have this problem? By the comments in the community thread, it’s quite an issue.
3. Knowing it’s a US product, I have a voltage converter installed, my internet is fast and the base station indicates a solid green. Btw, the camera lights in the base is a solid Amber- what does it mean?
4. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Naga
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have resolved my problem. The issue was that my internet connection did not have a static IP and hence, had it set to a static IP. Was able to link my app and the hub within seconds.
Thanks and hope it may resolve issues of those having the same problem without knowing that a static IP is required.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Naga wrote:
Btw, the camera lights in the base is a solid Amber- what does it mean?

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Your device might be in a different network?  Make sure you're in the same network and nothing is blocking like firewall.... Check your router settings if anything is blocking/preventing Arlo's ip.. 

Naga
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply. It’s in the same network. I have tried both the Mobile app as well as the browser. Tried everything possible without success yet.
I see that the base is discovered in the WiFi network in my phone but requires a password.
Will keeping trying. Any Further help or advice will be appreciated.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Naga wrote:

I see that the base is discovered in the WiFi network in my phone but requires a password.

That WiFi network is closed, and only used by the cameras - you can't connect to it with your phone.

The base needs to be connected with ethernet to your router, and the phone should be connected to your home wifi network.  I'd stick with using a PC browsing to https://my.arlo.com - despite the pop-up suggesting you'll get a better experience with the app.

Again, you should look at the LED status on the base, using the info I posted earlier.

Naga
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have resolved my problem. The issue was that my internet connection did not have a static IP and hence, had it set to a static IP. Was able to link my app and the hub within seconds.
Thanks and hope it may resolve issues of those having the same problem without knowing that a static IP is required.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation