Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I saw that V2.7.0 was pushed to one poster's mobile device so I checked mine and it was not listed as available for update.  Since I have seen this in the recent past, I went to the Apple App Store, searched for Arlo (which still showed no pending update) and clicked on the details of the app...at that point (as in the past) it showed the update and I downloaded it.

It took a few forced app closes, but after the 2nd or 3rd restart of the app, it came up correctly.  One of my Pro 2 cameras reported that the camera was disconnected from power (which has been the case since day 1 for that camera) and motion zones have been disabled (which I believe is not supposed to be the case with Arlo Smart plans).  So that's two odd behaviors.

Two good changes! ... first the alarm and 911 have moved from that awkward pull down to a red shield icon at the top right of the screed.  Second, access to settings is not returned to a "gear" icon and a single click instead of the elipses and extra click we had on 2.6.x.

So Kudos for two useful changes.  We will need to explore and experience the system for a few days to see how it functions overall.

34 REPLIES 34
BerRic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for correcting me.  I did not notice the two arrow icon as it comes and goes.  After it fades it is hard to find unless you know where is was originally. In any case, my apologies to the developers for that part of my concern. I still get the inane ad. Not something I need to “learn more about”!  Thanks for the tip.  

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
Glad it worked. You are welcome!
ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice
FYI, you shouldn’t have remember where the control is. Tap anywhere on the screen when the controls have faded away, and they should be restored for a few seconds.
Orm
Star
Star

I just want to say the latest upgrade (2.7.0) works very well for me. I have an iPhone XS Max with IOS 12.1.2 and before this upgrade I had a number of issues. All except some geofencing issues sorted now. Very pleased for the moment.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Orm wrote:

I just want to say the latest upgrade (2.7.0) works very well for me. I have an iPhone XS Max with IOS 12.1.2 and before this upgrade I had a number of issues. All except some geofencing issues sorted now. Very pleased for the moment.

That is amazing.  How many and what type and age are your cameras and bases?  Everyone I know is having a heck of a time with the current app on iOS.  All are on the latest release of iOS and on new or very recent devices in most cases.  Though I will say, the app appears to work better on my iPhone XS than it does on my 11” iPad Pro.  It is also MUCH worse on my wife’s iPad Air 2.

Orm
Star
Star

Here's my setup:

- iPhone XS MAX, iOS 12.1.2 (16C101)

- Arlo IOS App, version 2.7.0

- 2 x Arlo Base Stations: VMB4000r3, Firmware: 1.12.0.1_27940

- 8 x Arlo Pro 2 :H3, Firmware: 1.125.11.4_29092

- Subscription: Arlo Smart Premier 

I have a 1Gbit fiber Internet connection and 1Gbit ethernet LAN.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

That’s a good size system...not one or two cameras for sure.  

I’m sure I push the limits with 35 cameras being monitored by the app.

paddos
Apprentice
Apprentice
New IOS 2.7.1 out. No improvement on iPad. Long load time .... thumbnails go black when trying live view., and crashes!!!!!

Typical ... probably fixing new hardware performance. Will take at least to 2.7.3 to see fixes. Remember last 2.6 launch. Didn't function until 2.6.3 ... sort of.

Wow what a mess ...
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@paddos wrote:
New IOS 2.7.1 out. No improvement on iPad. Long load time .... thumbnails go black when trying live view., and crashes!!!!!

Typical ... probably fixing new hardware performance. Will take at least to 2.7.3 to see fixes. Remember last 2.6 launch. Didn't function until 2.6.3 ... sort of.

Wow what a mess ...

Yes.  No noticeable change for me either on my 11” iPad Pro.  30 seconds for the app to startup and become usable.  Library images very slow to become visible and available.  Crashes frequently.

As a comparison, V2.5.5 starts up in 6 seconds on my 10.5” iPad Pro.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation