Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo android app Mode changes do not work

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 71 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cherry-pie
Star
Star
This has become the most annoying issue with the Arlo app. If i want to stop a camera from being active, i cannot do this through the mode section by selecting "do nothing" . After tapping do nothing and SAVING, the camera still records and detects motion. The app also does not allow me to uncheck "detect motion and detect audio".. its mandatory that one must be checked. This is obviosuly poor programming a poor thinking. Users need to be given a choice if they want their camera to detect motion or audio. The app does not let me uncheck it. And, if i lower the sensitivity and select do nothing and SAVE those options, the camera does not follow thise actions.
Yes, i have restarted, uninstalled the app and my phone and ended tasks and retried and this is duplicated time after time.

FiX THIS!

I have certain times where the camera needs to be in a mode not to detection motion with those native options to save battery life. I should not have to turn the camera off for this as i still want to be able to manually view the camera at will.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Turning the camera OFF in setting is more of a privacy issue , like a camera in a bedroom and they are shared...turning on is then allowed by only the primary account holder.

If you don't want the camera to record, it is better and easier to just eliminate the camera from the custom modes you create... any camera NOT in the active mode is OFF.

Split up your cameras into groups as needed.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Turning the camera OFF in setting is more of a privacy issue , like a camera in a bedroom and they are shared...turning on is then allowed by only the primary account holder.

If you don't want the camera to record, it is better and easier to just eliminate the camera from the custom modes you create... any camera NOT in the active mode is OFF.

Split up your cameras into groups as needed.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 71 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation