Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Outl
Follower
Follower

My VMB450 was working fine for over a year, but then then USB stick shows as corrupted. There is another thread with many reports on this and a claim that a firmware updated fixed it, but I have firmware 1.24.0.1_1528_8938370 and the issue persists. I had to buy a new USB stick, but that one got corrupted, too. When I put the USB stick into my Windows notebock, it says it needs to be repaired, but the scan function shows then shows no error. But nothing get recorded on it in the Arlo VMB4540 SmartHub, so my system is useless now and has been for over a month. I have re-formatted the USB drives in FAT32, but did not help. I put in a new one, but it only worked for a little while until that once got corrupted. Please enable free cloud storage until you fix this since my system provides zero security right now.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it may be a faulty hub, use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose the hub. Scroll down to Contacts to see if official support can help. You may have waited to long to investigate the issue due to the warranty expiring.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Before accepting the proclamation of doom by @jguerdat, consider restarting your hub, and if this doesn't improve the situation, resetting it to factory defaults. Before you reset it, please be sure to remove it from your account and then reset it. Also, remember that if you reset the hub, you'll have to add the cameras again. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation