Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMB4000 base station not discoverable even with power and internet light's green

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KimR9
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can see you've been receiving a number of these issues via the community and I'm wondering if anyone has a resolution. I've just purchased an Arlo Pro 2 - 3 camera pack with a VMB4000 base station. I've tried several times now to set up the base station including powering off, powering on and factory resetting the base station. Currently the steps to reproduce are as follows: 1. Follow the instructions (connect ethernet to the back of my router, power on, wait for the lights) 2. power light is green 3. internet light is green (occasionally flashing as if sending and receiving data) but mostly persistent. 4. Add a device via the arlo app - ive tried the wire-free camera option and the base station option 5. Discovering your device please wait - comes up on the screen - this seems to attempt to find the device for about 2-3 mins 6. Consistently no Arlo devices discoverable comes up Im connected to the same Wifi as my Arlo Base unit. I've also repeated the steps multiple times with my Mac and same outcome. I'm committed to trying to work through this, as I desperately want to set up the devices. I've attached some images to hopefully assist.
6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried the manual syncing method?
Press the base top button, then press the camera sync button.
Momentary press that is.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base has to be claimed first and the sync buttons don't do that. Try holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and try again once the base reboots.

KimR9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but I cant even claim the base station yet.

I've reset the unit 5+ times now.

KimR9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've reset the unit 5+ times so far.  No change - I can see that the VMB4000 unit is connect to my network via ethernet.  literally just wont claim the base station.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Either swap at the store or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Dannybear
Master
Master
I recall someone recently had a similar issue and the reason was that the base station needed to be updated to the latest firmware, not sure how, likely via support.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation