Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jock1950
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know the expected release date for the Arlo Ultra in the United Kingdom?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You'll know when we all know.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

according to Amazon Jan 29th

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Its Ultra Secret.  Or perhaps UItra Unknown.

Thats the problem with pre-announcing new products.  There are often significant barriers to a successful launch and if you let the cat out of the bag before your well thought out new product release plan shows all green (or your plan isn't rigorous enough) ... it is easy to get bit.

jock1950
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very true! Wonder why they dont just do a pre order offer?I suppose it is easy to say and more difficult to do..

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@jock1950 wrote:

Very true! Wonder why they dont just do a pre order offer?I suppose it is easy to say and more difficult to do..

Best Buy is actually taking pre-orders for a number of Ultra configurations.  However, there is no ETA date, so anyone who wants a system soon can't be sure when delivery will occur nor what might need to change in terms of specs or functions before this ships.  I would think the automatic following capability would require wired power.  The Nest IQ does this and that camera grew in size over the original when this and better audio were added.  And Nest cameras all require a power cord, since they stream continously.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation