Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Hi

im currently abroad and all four of my cameras have stopped recording, all work fine on live view but last recorded 6 hours ago.

anyone else experiencing problems today?

i have rebooted base station remotely but still not working!

16 REPLIES 16
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

This is an ongoing issue this past week that Arlo just told us this morning was fixed as of yesterday. Obviously, it's not because my cameras just stopped recording AGAIN.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I am getting so fed up with this. It's the 3rd time in a week (and 2nd time in 24 hours) that my cameras have stopped recording. I'm getting a notification that there is motion, but no video appears in my library.  Even if I manually record, nothing gets posted to my library.

Arlo posted this morning saying that this issue was resolved, but it obviously isn't. ARLO!!!!!!!!! This is seriously ridiculous.

daytonagal1
Star
Star
Spoiler
Ok now I am getting pissed.  Same crap as last night and last week.  Arlo your cameras suck!   So much for security.  
RAT12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recordings are still not saving to the library. Issue was marked as resolved on 5/21/19 but on 5/22/19 issue is again in effect. I have logged out and logged into my account. Last recorded video was at 06:40amEST but motion is still being sensed as of 1:35pmEST

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Exactly.

(And why on earth does your post say "spoiler"? That's really funny. The spoiler is that their cameras suck? lol!!)

daytonagal1
Star
Star

I don’t know why it says spoiler on my page.  

Arlo  freakin fix the issue!!!!!!!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

Have you tried power cycling your Base Station? To power cycle your base station, unplug the power adapter from the outlet, wait two minutes, and reconnect the power adapter to the outlet. The base station takes one to two minutes to start. When the power LED and Internet LED light solid green, your base station is connected to the Internet.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star
Just twigged what it was again, they have done a software update and changed time to Pacific again buggering it up for us in uk and other time zones. Reset mine earlier and seems to be recording again !!
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

omg, stop it, please. This is not an issue on my end or anyone else's. This is a KNOWN issue on Arlo's end that keeps happening.

My cameras were recording this morning, and then stopped, and then started again. They are currently working fine, but when will this happen again? It happened yesterday also for a brief time, but long enough for me to miss a video of a sketchy looking van turning into my driveway (of which I did get a notification... just no video.)

daytonagal1
Star
Star

We should not be having these problems at ALL !!!!!!

Perivalepaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

Im so fed up with this system. Had this less than 6 weeks and I’m already regretting the purchase.

The battery was re charged two days ago. I’m currently abroad and have been getting constant notifications to my phone..

Like everyone else when I go to view there is no video recording.

now the battery has gone flat !

Arlo you have serious issues with this product... Please do not say that it’s just a case of turning on/ off the base satiation... What on earth is the point in having a system such as this if it can’t be relied on to perform the tasks that people have purchased it for in the first place ?

No video recording, time lag , it’s ridiculous.

I am strongly considering returning this product as it is not fit for purpose.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I am about to lose my mind with this company. Seriously, Arlo? AGAIN?????!!!!!!!

Wangiebbb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wasn’t receiving any videos for hours and now received notifications but no videos.

Restarted base a few times . Why does this keep happening?

Jmitche3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I keep getting recorded Errors when I try to play back the cameras, sometimes, but they work fine live. Now I find out that last Friday for at least 45 minutes to an hour they didn’t record anything. How do I fix this as I’m not home and rely on these cameras to keep my home secure....
ladtracy
Star
Star

Yet again the Arlo camera quit recording.  Not sure why this is a continuing problem unless they continue to underestimate their user population and short their infrastrcture and storage and the app has nowhere to write or no bandwidth to send data.  One would think that a hardware company would have those particular issues worked out, especially on the network side.  However the continued issues with the app, may they should have stuck to network gear as I have had these cameras for a couple years and have never been given a straight answer as to what the issues actually are, be it recording or problems with the app.  This may not be the best place to post, however I am hoping that they may actually care about their customers and respond, or better yet get things fixed.  They would probably sell a lot more subscriptions if things actually worked, but why would I pay for something that only works randomly.

ladtracy
Star
Star

Power cycle the base station?  What did it get the blue screen of death?  What is this these days with technology and the solution to everything is to power cycle something when it is not working, That is not an acceptable solution to everything, especially if you are not at home.  Guess I could go buy a remote power plug and hope that too does not have to be power cycled before I can use it to remotely power cycle my base station.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation