Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
sly42
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to use a second base/siren in another house that triggers the alarm when motion/audio is detected by the cameras connected to the first base/siren?

Is it possible to do it with ifttt or smarthings?

With Arlo siren or third parties?

Thank you. Ciao

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible to use a second base/siren in another house that triggers the alarm when motion/audio is detected by the cameras connected to the first base/siren?

Yes it should be.... you add the second base siren in the modes as another device ( after the mode is set up for camera and record time )

Capture.PNG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
sly42
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems not possible from the Arlo app. 

(Attached image)I created a mode between a camera associated with the first base and the second base ... there is no option to activate the siren on the second base, which as I said is connected to another house and therefore cannot be associated with the cameras of the first base.

IMG_0051.JPG
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi sly42,

On the image you provided, if you tap on "Add Device (or on your image, it says "Agginugi dispostivo", are you able to choose your other Base Station to activate the siren?

sly42
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

If I tap on “add device”, I can only add another device, I have already added the base.

As you can see from the new image attached, the first base in the same location as the camera can activate the siren, the second one that is in another house can't activate it.

How can I do that?

IMG_0071.jpg
dcfox1
Master
Master

@sly42 After reading your first post to clarify are you trying to have a camera at a second location trigger your base siren at the first location (That's what I got out of it) or the base at the second location it is connected to. If the first I'm not sure it's possible but Jessica can advise. 

sly42
Aspirant
Aspirant

The first one you said.

First location: camera + first base.

Second location: second base.

I would like the second base to activate the siren when movement/audio is detected from the first location camera, with the Arlo app or third party app, if possible.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sly42 wrote:

First location: camera + first base.

Second location: second base.

I would like the second base to activate the siren when movement/audio is detected from the first location camera, with the Arlo app or third party app, if possible.

Are both bases in the same account?

sly42
Aspirant
Aspirant

They're both on my device list.

When I create a “rule” between a camera and the second base (different locations) the voice to activate the siren disappears.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I tested this with the web access….  My.Arlo.com

i was able to use the Pro2 base siren being triggered from a Ultra base / ultra camera ( as the ultra siren isn’t that loud , and being outside )

After setting up a normal mode in the Ultra, you go back and edit the mode adding the Pro2 base siren as another device  ( as shown in the pic I posted ) 

it works fine.

Edit

went and checked the app… Pro2 base siren appears as an option…

looks like…. Pro2 base ((.))

( siren symbol and name )

I’ll have to look at the iOS app to see if any diff.

sly42
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying now on the website, and it actually seems to work.

Strange that the voice on the IOS app disappears.

In the next few days, I will test the “rule”, to be 100% sure it works, and I'll let you know.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

it would be good to hear yr result.

I do most of the testing on the web ( as I find it more stable ) and run after off of iOS and android apps

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation