Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not work night

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JuanClaudio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras work during daytime. Not at night. Nothing on the library. Sometimes the camera records me but I have to walk back and front in front the camera. I tried removing and installing cameras. Restart the smart hub. Reset to factory settings. On the camera setting I tried on motion 100, 80, 70, 50. Fully Charged. Nothing in the library tab. The first years I recorded animals and owls. Now, the cameras do not record at nigh only day. 

Four Arlo Cameras. OS Ventura.  #Arlo #ArloPro #ArloIssues @Arlo

Any ideas? 

Firmware is up to date.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you changing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules? The motion test is just a test.

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

It may also be how your IR signature is seen by the camera. Are you wearing different (heavier/thicker) clothing at night? How far away do you have to be before motion is detected?

JuanClaudio
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four cameras. I set them 100, 80, 60, 50 it does not record at night. Before they record animals and birds (owls).

If my dog or I walk by it records. Whether the back patio lights are on or off.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't mention if you were setting the sensitivity in your modes and rules as I asked.

It may be that the animals you expect to be recorded aren't providing enough of an IR signature to be able to be detected or perhaps they're not arriving in the camera's view in the same way. Since you and your dog are being recorded, the camera is basically working properly. FWIW, I still get small animal recordings at night although I don't have any kind of bird flying around.

It may be worth removing the camera and add it back to your system to see if there's a difference.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation