Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not recording consistently

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Magdelayr67
Follower
Follower

The cameras are not recording consistently. My dad fell and 20minutes later my brother found him and helped him. Yet, none of it was recorded. Anyone ever experienced this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a hard question to answer since we have no idea what the setup and circumstances are. Posting a screenshot of the camera view with detailed description of where the action was would help. Have you tested the motion detection? A fall may not be easily detected due to distance, how the motion was oriented (it's best detected across the FOV, not at the camera), sensitivity setting, etc.  Audio detection might be a better choice for something like this.

More detail is better.

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

Were there video recordings of your Dad just prior to his fall? I've noticed that when motion is detected then the motion stops (my cameras are set to record until motion stops) the camera is not available to record more video for some time. It may be during this time that whatever the camera is doing, maybe uploading the video to the base station, that your Dad fell then if he was motionless he didn't trigger the motion detection. In my situation, I have a camera in the garage. I get video of the garage door opening and my wife or I approaching and getting into the car. The recording stops there because the motion detection doesn't work through glass. But I don't get any recording in the garage after that, none as we drive away or the garage door closing. It seems the camera is momentarily unavailable while it's doing something, maybe uploading video to the base station. Could your system have recorded video of your Dad just before he fell, the recording stopped, then your Dad fell while the camera was doing what it was doing and unavailable? 

I agree, audio triggered recording might help.

If you haven't seen a recording for some time you can go to live view to watch and listen. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation