Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

My cameras keep going off as if there's motion every couple of seconds. I don't understand what is happening!

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's usually a function of the sun's reflected IR being detected as motion. This can be caused by cars or by branches/leaves blowing in the wind, causing the reflection to move. Lowering the motion sensitivity during the day and/or repositioning the camera so those items aren't in view are the first steps.

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

If I lower the motion detection, will "people" still show up? That's my concern. I don't remember my cameras doing this last year, so you're probably right about how I have them placed. Thank you for your answer.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Toni1946 wrote:

If I lower the motion detection, will "people" still show up? That's my concern. 

There is a balance between reducing unwanted recordings and getting all the recordings you do want.  So you don't want to set the motion detection too low. 

If the issue is managing notifications/recordings (and not battery life), then a paid subscription lets you use cloud activity zones and smart notifications, which can also help.

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've never looked into a subscription. I always thought Arlo was just free. How do I go about looking into it? Thank you for your reply.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Toni1946 wrote:

I've never looked into a subscription. I always thought Arlo was just free. How do I go about looking into it? 

The subscription options are outlined here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation