Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Trying to set two outside cameras on a schedule

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jonnypatx
Follower
Follower

Trying to set two outside cameras on a schedule. I want a third camera that is inside to be set to geofencing. It appears when using the scheduling feature, you cant be camera specific. Any solutions?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jonnypatx wrote:
Trying to set two outside cameras on a schedule. I want a third camera that is inside to be set to geofencing. It appears when using the scheduling feature, you cant be camera specific. Any solutions?

You schedule modes - which apply to all cameras connected to the base.  

I am thinking that you probably want all cameras to be armed when you are away from home, and you want outside cameras to be on a schedule when you are at home.  Also that you want the inside camera to be disarmed when you are home.  If this isn't what you want, then perhaps you can post what you are wanting to accomplish in more detail.

Assuming the above is what you want to achieve, then you first set up a schedule for the two outdoor cameras. 

1. Create a custom mode (perhaps call it "outdoor"), that includes rules for each of the outdoor cameras, but not rule for the indoor camera.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them  Because the indoor camera isn't included in this mode, then it will be disabled whenever you manually select it.
  2. Create a schedule that uses the "outdoor" mode when you want the outdoor cameras active, and that is set to disarm all cameras when you don't want them active.  

At this point, I'd test this out by manually choosing "schedule" as the mode for the base station.

When you are convinced that it works, then add in geofencing.

1. Set the "home" mode in geofencing to "Schedule"
  2. Set the "away" mode in geofencing to "Armed".

This will arm all cameras (including the indoor one) whenever you are away.  And when you are home, the outdoor cameras will be on the schedule you set, and the indoor camera will be disarmed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation