Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sikhman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Guys, I am thinking of buying Arlo Pro system for my Farm House in India. I will be purchasing this product in the UK and take it with me to India. In India I have a JIO Wifi dongle and I will add Netgear N300 wifi extender Model EX 2700 so that I have an ethernet connection to Arlo base unit. Question: Will this system work ? Any feedback/ assistance will be appreciated. Regards Sikhman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All of the Pro series cameras use the same rechargeable battery - only the original wireless camera uses 4 CR-123A batteries.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On the surface, yes. There's still any issues that may occur with your ISP and/or country that can block access to https://arlo.netgear.com. With no blockage, it should work fine. Upload bandwidth may be an issue so try not to stream too many cameras at once. Test by using speedtest.net once there.

sikhman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Guru , thank you for your prompt reply. Very much appreciated.

I will now finalise on either Arlo Pro  or Arlo Pro 2 in due course. I read somewhere that the one has a rechargeable battery and the other has  not.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All of the Pro series cameras use the same rechargeable battery - only the original wireless camera uses 4 CR-123A batteries.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation