Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro/Pro 2 Local Storage of CVR shows some gaps?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
OwainPJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have a Arlo Pro VMS4130 single camera system to which we have added a single Arlo Pro2 VMC4030 camera

We got the second camera for continuous monitoring of the front of the house where the cars are due to recent break ins to, and thefts of, cars etc locally (it is mains, not battery, powered) the image, when working, is perfect, exactly what we want, with the cars dead centre to the field of view between 15 to 25 feet from the camera depending how they are parked - the original camera is on the front door and is just recording when triggered by the motion sensor as people approach the door (the Arlo Pro on the door works fine).

I have a number of issues with the Arlo Pro 2

(i) There are gaps in the coverage (blank areas in the 'roll' of images along the timeline when you review the footage online) sometimes, though, there is footage there even though the 'roll' of images is blank, but sometimes there is not and the recording then just skips forward to where the 'roll' of images re-starts

(ii) Given there are gaps in footage (I am assuming that at least some are probably due to internet going down) I have put a high capacity USB stick in the base unit but it is only recording the 'triggered' recordings from the original Arlo Pro camera on the front door but nothing from the Arlo Pro2 camera recording continuously the view of the cars outside the house

Q: how do I get the system to record (locally on the USB) the continuous footage from the Pro2 as well as the triggered recordings from the Pro

(iii) On the Pro2 when I look back at the footage there are green lines every now and again on the timeline, which I assume are where there has been a trigger (motion etc) however whilst there is always motion where there is one of these green lines there is very often motion at other times that does NOT create one of these green lines

- the motion that does not trigger a green line is often quite substantial eg on one occassion, late at night, about midnight, there was a car parked right outside our house, about 15 feet from the camera in the middle of the field of view, three people came out (motion left to right directly across the field of view to the middle), they chatted for a minute or so by the car, one then walked off (left to right again walking from middle of the field of view to out of shot to the right), and the other two got in the car and drove away (from the middle of the field of view, right to left out of shot), but not a single green line for any of that motion !!! (this is EXACTLY what we want the camera there for, people around a car in front of our house at night, but it did not trigger a green line)

Q: what do I have to do to make sure that all obvious motion like that creates a green line so that I can easily review any motion that happens overnight without having to look at hours of footage ?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The USB backup will only record triggered events ( motion detected ) not the 24/7 like the CVR.

( that's the way it was designed so no changing it )

As to the other issues, since it is powered, I would use the max time allowed to record, but not the "record till motion stops" which can have early stoppage of recording if it doesn't detect motion ( standing still ).

Also maybe slowly raise up the sense level 1% at a time without getting false triggers.

( there will still be a smal 5-10sec gap between recorded files as the camera resets after max time, but thats the best you can do )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation