Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Yvesg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

arlo pro 2 

Looking from the front, to the right, the light is orange.  
app don’t recognize the camera

change the battery, same thing

deleted the camera from the app, cannot add the camera back on .

is the camera dead?

anyone that can help?

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A weak/dead battery should very slowly blink the amber LED, not have it on all the time. WHen you install a charged battery, does the blue LED blink briefly, indicating power is applied? Have you tried using AC power, with as well as without a battery installed?

Yvesg
Aspirant
Aspirant

First of all , thank you for your response.

no blue light even with the new battery.

removing the battery and using AC, solid orange light still on!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The arlo pro2 front camera led showing continuous Amber is not a common indicator condition so the camera may be faulty.

Refer 

https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean 

The pro2 Camera led will show blue when the battery is fully charged as long as the led setting is edit: (enabled and not) disabled within the camera’s settings menu. Check.

The pro2 Camera uses a 7.2vdc battery so requires the QC charger that came with the camera to charge the battery.

Yvesg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you

i’m using the Arlo charger.  No blue light 😕

i think you are right, the camera is dead!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Reach out to support, you get that by going in the support area of the app (not my.arlo.com), and selecting a camera in a subscription plan. Scroll down to the contact section, and you will see an option for phone support. It is available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

Yvesg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help 

in my app, the option to call  customer service is gray because my system (canera, doorbell, hub) is no longer supported.  Bought that in 2019, no longer works, no service… and i pay an annual subscription… this is a bad business practice! 

for sure that i’m not buying their products anymore. Looking to replace…

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Yvesg wrote:

in my app, the option to call  customer service is gray because my system (canera, doorbell, hub) is no longer supported.  and i pay an annual subscription… 

FWIW, I am seeing that in my app, even for cameras that are not on the EOL list.

Oddly, the support area also shows my subscription as trial (which is it not).

@JamesC - can you check on this?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can I get a screenshot showing the area of support that are grayed out?

Yvesg
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app is in french… see attached 

thank you

IMG_1044.jpeg

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation