Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 won’t RECORD but gives motion detection alert

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Torcen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had this problem for weeks. One of my cameras (arlo pro 2) will not record ANY video but alerts to every motion detected. When first installed the cameras worked perfectly. I feel I’ve tried almost everything. I’ve reset the cameras as well as the hub, recharged the batteries etc. If there’s any help out there please feels like a waste of money. THANKS!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you provide some more detail about your setup.

You mentioned only one camera has this issue, what is different with this one to the others.

You mentioned that the camera will not record, is it able to manually record. Have you checked your backup USB for the missing recordings.
Torcen
Aspirant
Aspirant
At the moment I have one camera in the rear of the house and one in the the front, both exterior mounts. The hub is located equally apart with WiFi to both of the cameras. I’m just using the smart premier with no usb or local storage option other than the cloud videos that go to the library and both cameras are exactly the same. Rear cam works just as it should since day 1 front cam triggers motion alert but no video recorded in the library.
Dannybear
Master
Master
So to confirm both cameras are running battery only, correct?
Take a look at the mode rule that is currently running and edit the camera rule to see what recording is set for. The default is record until motion stops.
brh
Master
Master

@Torcen,

Firstly I would temporarily swap the cameras to see if it is a location or camera issue. If the problem follows the camera, try power cycling your base station. If that doesn't work, remove the camera from the system and then add it back in.

Brian

Torcen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes both cameras are battery only. Mode rules have been on default to record when motion and stop with not. I’ve tried adjusting them since the problems started with no luck.
Torcen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Brian for the tip. I did switch locations and the problem follows the one camera. Today I will power cycle the system. Is there a easy way to reset everything back to factory settings??
Dannybear
Master
Master
Must be catching, I came home tonight and forgot to disarm (geofencing works no more) and the siren activated.
No cloud recording from active camera, outside cameras recording were ok.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation